• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

buyer feedback on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

augidog

Reaction score
so i just finished negotiating a deal for some of my stuff in "for sale" and i thought back on the one previous deal i've done here. never heard a single peep from the buyer one way or the other, so i'll assume no news is good news, but...

i think it would be a great help to the community if buyers would go back into "for sale" threads they've bought from and give feedback on the deal.

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
i think they should put in a seller feedback menu for good reviews and bad reviews. provided people start selling more

augidog

Reaction score
a feedback forum for commercial sellers is sometimes a great tool, tricky to keep clean tho, in my experience.

but for when us regular guys buy & sell, being able to know something about someone is always helpful.

this would be on us to do on our own, personally i always try to not ask "more" of a volunteer forum staff.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I would have to agree that it would be up to the member themselves to go and provide feedback. There is not enough buying and selling on the forum for an official change to happen.

It would be nice to see if people are good buyers/sellers though

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Personally, I would figure it to be "common sense". If I were to buy something from you, and it all goes well, I'd go into your sale thread and say so. If there was a problem, I would contact you privately, and let you know. If it then got resolved with a positive result, I would post to that effect. If you turned out to be a ripoff artist, I'd post that, too (if all private attempts failed). That's me, anyways.

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
like i said if more selling went on. but it would be pretty helpful to have people comment on the seller

augidog

Reaction score
was a time, forums were very community-like in that members agreed and adhered to posting standards and took responsibility for a lot of the housekeeping, along with implementing their "own" features by concensus, and then just doing it.

in other words, it was the members & their effort that brought a forum together & made it thrive.

so, even tho i know today's interbent user has a whole different view of what the net is for them, i can't help bringing up new ideas that aren't so new at all, actually.

after all, i'm an old guy, at least 55 is old around here...
and you know old guys just love talking about "the day."

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I hear ya! I could start a thousand sentences with, "I remember a time when..." and I'm not even 40 yet. To quote Mr. Robert Zimmerman, "The times, they are-a changin'".
And not for the best, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.