Burned up Centrifugal Clutch

panchothedog

Reaction score
If you don't have the ability to do it yourself, buy a 60 tooth and take the new and old sprockets to a machine shop. They can enlarge the center hole, and redrill the mounting holes to match your existing sprocket and keep it so everything stays concentric.
Had to do that once. Cost me $50, and that was here in southern California where nothing is inexpensive.

medic6947

Reaction score
Good day gents. I'm having trouble finding a 60 tooth #40 chain axle sprocket. Have the capability to machine what's needed to n extent. Doesn't have to have the hub or mounting hole drilled. Any ideas appreciated.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Good day gents. I'm having trouble finding a 60 tooth #40 chain axle sprocket. Have the capability to machine what's needed to n extent. Doesn't have to have the hub or mounting hole drilled. Any ideas appreciated.
Need more details
...axle size
...with hub?
...or specs of your current sprocket hub etc.

Maybe something like this (~$25.00)
...depending on your actual specs, of course :thumbsup:
https://www.monsterscooterparts.com...kes/?msclkid=05f86c149e5c1a08bd41088d5467cee8

Willie1

Reaction score
You are stuck on thinking you need a 60T axle sprocket. YOU DON'T . . .
Another way to go about this is to run your plate mounted T/C to drive a jackshaft
to help change your ratios.

You say you have a 14T at the crank and a 37T on the axle - OK, a 2.64 ratio.

Personally, I'd:
(Assuming you are going to run the 40 series T/C that came with 10+12T sprockets)
Run the 12T on the T/C driven shaft to a jackshaft with a 28T = 2.33:1 initial ratio.
Then use a 12T on the output end of the jackshaft to drive your 37T
on the axle equals another 3.08:1 - compounding the ratios to a 7.17:1 ratio.
With the weight of the cart, you will like the extra gear ratio.

Probably slightly more cost, and some fab skills involved, but the end result is a setup
that has a tremendously broadened ratio selection. You can easily manipulate the ratio
by swapping jackshaft sprockets.

Added advantage is that you have more ground clearance with the 37T axle sprocket,
minimizing the possibility of ground contact damage.

TNThomas

Reaction score

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Getting the sprocket machined.
Had to repair my young boys cart. Which took away from working on mine.
Plan is to update all when mine is going
Thank u for checking.
No problem. I'll be looking for that update when it comes. I completely understand life getting in the way of these things.