Building a open gx200 4 stroke to play around at the track

Darren

Reaction score
Just thought I'd say Hi,
I have been building various projects for years and consider myself a hobby petrolhead, I have previously built an open gx390 mounted to a Rotax kart chassis.
I'm at it again, this time with a JCB (Ducar cast) 225cc clone, I'll start a project post somewhere appropiate.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
👋 welcome!!!!

I'll be looking forward to see your build.

It's hard to beat that 58mm stroke crank, 👍

Darren

Reaction score
I'm in England, Essex.
The Flywheel is finished, well it's really just a trigger wheel with extra bits...

I've now purchased most of the bits for the engine mechanical part of the build-
3" sleeve
Wiseco piston and rings with wrist pin etc.
ARC billet rod
ARC billet side cover
High lift cam
Billet Ali rockers 1:1.3
Molly push rods
stainless billet followers
56lb springs with retainers and lash caps
Inferno clutch
Tried pulling the sleeve, couldn't get it to move, had a proper look and researched to find the block is cast around the sleeve, stopped before doing any damage
I've called numerous machine and kart shops to get someone to machine the head and sleeve, all but one are interested in even quoting.
I've decided to do it myself, so my trusty old 13" swing Kerry lathe will hopefully save the day.
I'm currently making the jigs to mount the ducar block to the lathe's faceplate.
I'll also machine the head for the valves, I can shroud the valve area with a degree of greater accuracy, and without fear of catching the valve seats.
I'll post when each stage is completed, the jigs just take time, the idea is to make them re-useable for future builds.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Cool, start a thread in the engine section so more can see it! I need one of those little diesel heaters for my case tractor cab!

Darren

Reaction score
Ebay or amazon, they're all over the place, Webasto Eberspacher lost the copyright a number of years ago. The Chinese jumped at the chance and flooded the market. the 5 and 8kw heaters are basically the same other than maybe a higher rate pulse pump, they're now selling the 28ml along with the standard 22ml