Building a mini bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

5hpbriggs

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am new here and I thought I just wanted to ask some questions on how to build a mini bike.
First I thought i would use some 1 inch square tubing being that round tubing can be a P.I.T.A to work with. Then Here are some muesurments I came up with.
24 inches from bottom of frame to bottom of seat
8 1/2 inches wide
3 foot lond (frame)
Forks: 32 inches long

Picture below: :)

(clickable thumbnail)

Also I have a 1 inch axle and a set of bearing hangers and bearings.
I was going to use a hydro brake set up by foot pedal being I am might be using a race engine for this thing :D

What do you guys think?

Thanks

mikeandike

Reaction score
whoa. thats a lot of power for a minbike. Jackshaft is a must and you might want to add a wheeley bar.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
holy crap, 15 hp @ 9200 rpm!!!! thats is freakin crazy. if u have a 1:1 reduction it will do like 100+ mp/h. and u will need a wheelie bar other wise it will just flip and/or bend the frame. i would recomend going with something like a 6.5hp, thats still more than most mini bikes

5hpbriggs

Reaction score
WHAT, what size tire? How fas are you looking to go, you may want to get stronger materials because thats alot of gusto.
Yesterday 06:45 PM

10.5 inch tire

holy crap, 15 hp @ 9200 rpm!!!! thats is freakin crazy. if u have a 1:1 reduction it will do like 100+ mp/h. and u will need a wheelie bar other wise it will just flip and/or bend the frame. i would recomend going with something like a 6.5hp, thats still more than most mini bikes
Yesterday 09:23 PM

To get a 1:1 ratio the clutch I have is a 12 tooth clutch so... you need a 12 tooth on the on the axle.

2or3wheels

Reaction score
I think it will give you to much speed, it also depends on the gearing on the jackshaft. But to have any power you would need a big sproket on the chain that goes to the engine and a small one on the chain that goes to the wheel.

robin

Reaction score
you will eat clutches ive git a ported honda gx 240 and ime esaly geting 65 with a smaler back sprocket 1/4 ratio but my secon clutch just flew apart becuse it worn out

2or3wheels

Reaction score
I dunno, clutches just end up engaging and stop slipping at a certian point, thats what burning a clutch means you speed it to high and it never fully engages and is getting hotter and hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.