Brushless controller issue. Motor “creep”

Tomsophia

Reaction score
So I just upgraded to a 48-72 volt Kunray brushless controller in a kids toy car …motor was not changed. System has hall sensor all connections are done properly. No issues otherwise the systems runs fine and works properly. It’s connected to a foot pedal and 3 speed switch. Here is my problem. I have a key switch which connects constant side of battery to “e-brake “ lead on controller which is essentially the ignition lead. Turning the key on energizes the controller….turning the key of disconnects the e-brake ignition lead ….How is it possible when the key is off that the motor can “creep” like it’s getting residule power? The cars pedal does not work when this is occurring so it does appear main ignition power is off to the controller But how can the motor be getting any power to the point the car can creep forward. It’s driving me crazy.
If anyone can offer input on this is would be great. Thank you

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
So I just upgraded to a 48-72 volt Kunray brushless controller in a kids toy car …motor was not changed. System has hall sensor all connections are done properly. No issues otherwise the systems runs fine and works properly. It’s connected to a foot pedal and 3 speed switch. Here is my problem. I have a key switch which connects constant side of battery to “e-brake “ lead on controller which is essentially the ignition lead. Turning the key on energizes the controller….turning the key of disconnects the e-brake ignition lead ….How is it possible when the key is off that the motor can “creep” like it’s getting residule power? The cars pedal does not work when this is occurring so it does appear main ignition power is off to the controller But how can the motor be getting any power to the point the car can creep forward. It’s driving me crazy.
If anyone can offer input on this is would be great. Thank you
Are you disconnecting the pedal switch directly from the motor controller when you turn the key off?! The controllers looking for a signal and pulsing till it finds one?? I cannot say for sure...

In the rc world of the RX disconnects from the TX the signal cutout sets all trims to ZERO..

If you don’t have a signal loss cutout and loose signal the throttle can pulse or lag even go stuck wide open throttle.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Howdy & :welcome2:

Reason for upgrade
...& what controller was in it before?

Also, can you post more info (or a link) to the controller that you have, now
...& any wire diagram/definition for it