Brake cable ID help

Byynow

Reaction score
IMG_0143.JPGIMG_0144.JPGIMG_0143.JPGIMG_0144.JPGIMG_0145.JPGIMG_0145.JPG

This is my brake cable. It is 57" long and I need one, of the same configuration, that is 24" long. The cable is .140 OD, and the housing is .395 OD. It was one of many parts that came in a box, with the kart, so I don't know it's origin. The spring loaded feature is important for my setup. I have looked at the online go kart suppliers and only American Landmaster had anything remotely similar and it was 47" long. I suspect it's from some industrial application. Can someone please advise me where I can find such a cable?

Byynow

Reaction score
Thanks for the links, that solves my next cable issue, the throttle cable, but is to small diameter for the brake cable. The brake cable works now, but I am making movable pedals to accommodate persons large and small.

Byynow

Reaction score
I use these boat cables on my mechanical brakes. Plenty heavy duty enough. 10/32 threaded ends so you need to make or steal, borrow or otherwise get the appropiate ends,
Thanks, those cables are certainly strong enough, and I see having threaded ends as a plus. If I can't find a spring loaded cable like I have, that is what I will use. I was hoping that the spring loaded cable was something go kart related and would be familiar to someone here. I'm trying to avoid re-doing what I've already done and it will mean less fabrication work if I can find a cable in the same configuration as I already have built for.