Brake 6mm hose connector

archgordie

Reaction score
hi there people can someone please point me in right direction before i go mad, how do i connect to the non speedy fitting brake line, my cylinder has those lovely tappered push fittings (like stright one below which would be perfect i could just replace master cylinder with this accept this one comes from australia lol) which you push the hose onto and simply tighten my master cylinder dosnt like in the other pic here the old tube was simply flanged ie bent back at right angles but i cant find a tool to do this, im happy to put in a simple 90 degree or angle bend to convert to the quick type fittings but again cant find a suitable 10mm thread one.

Attachments

• BRAKE-FITTING-STRAIGHT-FLARE-TYPE.jpg
    BRAKE-FITTING-STRAIGHT-FLARE-TYPE.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 0
  • other.jpg
    other.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0

Karttekk

Reaction score
Wow, a little bit of punctuation and some sentence breaks would make your question much easier to understand.

archgordie

Reaction score
Basically I need a way to make 6mm brake cable fit the connection that’s shown in pic labelled other.
I’m assuming there is an olive and insert but can’t find.
I’m happy to replace for a straight connector or elbow like the one shown in the first pic but can’t find that either.

archgordie

Reaction score
Apologies for my lack of grammar by the way I have a swing of things like disclexia and learning difficulties so find it hard to type of phone.

archgordie

Reaction score
Thanks again for your reply.
I have the compression fitting like the one you listed first but couldn’t get to seal I guess there should be an olive and insert or something.
In the end I found this which should be ok to screw into master cylinder and has the speed fit connection or self sealing connection for standard 6 od 4id plastic pipe.
Cheers for the reply though really appreciated.

Attachments

• 6E4E9AA6-17E6-4906-B2D9-677D1FA6F568.png
    6E4E9AA6-17E6-4906-B2D9-677D1FA6F568.png
    485.3 KB · Views: 1