Bird Baja Build

smudvapor

Reaction score
Here is what I am starting with. Not sure when I will start on it. I may keep it for a class project in the fall or work on it over the summer. I will keep everyone up to date.
331312696_203545249022526_1241768006388572323_n.jpg
I also picked up another kart about a month ago. It is going to a friend of mine. I don't know what brand it is but my plan is to put a small engine on it for a younger kid so he can learn the ropes with it.
326429297_1350412729111843_5869329097282111218_n.jpg

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Here is what I am starting with. Not sure when I will start on it. I may keep it for a class project in the fall or work on it over the summer. I will keep everyone up to date.
View attachment 136727
I also picked up another kart about a month ago. It is going to a friend of mine. I don't know what brand it is but my plan is to put a small engine on it for a younger kid so he can learn the ropes with it.
View attachment 136728
Ooh, those front tires are interesting, they look like understeer. The blue kart is cute. Only thing I don’t understand is the rear tires on the bird, are they painted or just white rubber?

smudvapor

Reaction score
The front wheels are original. The rear wheels are correct but someone put those blue tires on there. They are actually blue, not painted. They are going bye-bye.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
The front wheels are original. The rear wheels are correct but someone put those blue tires on there. They are actually blue, not painted. They are going bye-bye.
That’s what I thought. Those fronts are so unique I don’t think I would ever take ‘em off. The bird is a cool style of kart, how’s the differential?

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The blue kart looks like a very old MANCO. Probably late 1960s. The bird was actually built with those front tires and is pretty rare. I like those blue tires and their tread. If it was me I’d put tubes in them and run them until they fell off the rims after cleaning them up.

karl

Reaction score
I really like the Bird Baja's, this one is my third one. It will be restored back to its original condition.

Cool! Today a member generously donated me a very bubba'd baja. Your detailed pictures helps a ton
in reverting back to it's former self, thanks. Not going to be a 100% factory restoration, but at least hopefully
respectful to what is was.

Attachments

• 20230328_181957.jpg
    20230328_181957.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Cool! Today a member generously donated me a very bubba'd baja. Your detailed pictures helps a ton
in reverting back to it's former self, thanks. Not going to be a 100% factory restoration, but at least hopefully
respectful to what is was.
Prev owner here. It was juat sitting around here and figured someone else (Karl) would be able to bring it back to what it should've been. I picked it up 4? Years ago as a bundle with a American Express and it's been sitting.

elehman03

Reaction score
I haven't been on in a while but I wanted to update everyone. The Baja is finished! I already gave it to my nephews and they love it. Here are some pics. I rebuilt the original Tecumseh 5hp for it. It runs great!
Looks amazing I’m in the process of redoing mine now. Quick question where did you find the clutch cover and a new seat

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The OP hasn’t been back here in almost a year. BMI, GoKart Supply, MFGSupply, and Go Powersports are some of the biggest suppliers out there along with AZUSA and the Jungle Store (Amazon).