Biggest engine for Yerf-dog 3203

Cartinfun

Reaction score
What is the biggest engine that I can fit in my Yerf-dog 3203?

I know the Predator 212 and 224 fit, but what about the Predator 301 (8hp)? Anyone know if it will fit without a tone of modification?

I'm pretty handy and know a guy who can weld, but I don't want to get deep into fabrication.

panchothedog

Reaction score
The bolt pattern for the 301 is different from the 212. Would probably fit with a different motor plate.

JimD

Reaction score
Check the crankshaft size. You will find they don't make many clutches in the 1" size with sprockets that work very long before they need replacement. Just depends on how much money you want to put into it. Just food for thought.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
My great grand pappy invented the 3 story out house. Only sold one though. See the first story was for common folk like you or me. The second story was for rich people. Because they love pooping on the common folk. Now the third story that was special. It was carpeted and had chandeliers with those new fangled electric lights. It was just for the politicians in Washington DC. Because they just love pooping on everybody!

Cartinfun

Reaction score
The bolt pattern for the 301 is different from the 212. Would probably fit with a different motor plate.
What about wallowing out the holes on the current engine plate? Just looking at the templates online they aren't THAT different and it looks like there was enough metal on the current plate? Maybe some thick washers so the bolt heads don't pull through the engine plate? I'm not too good for some old redneck engineering.

panchothedog

Reaction score
You should weld on the big block engine plate if you are going to install a 420.
The engine weighs more than double of the 212 or any other of the smaller engines. It also puts out almost 3 times the torque. Wallowing out holes and over sized fender washer are just begging for a disaster. The big block engine plate is substantially thicker than what's on there now. Why do you think it was made that way ?.

Cartinfun

Reaction score
You should weld on the big block engine plate if you are going to install a 420.
The engine weighs more than double of the 212 or any other of the smaller engines. It also puts out almost 3 times the torque. Wallowing out holes and over sized fender washer are just begging for a disaster. The big block engine plate is substantially thicker than what's on there now. Why do you think it was made that way ?.
Very good point about the torque and weight. Definitely will get it welded on.