better clutch for baja warrior 200

porter2

Reaction score
any suggestions for a better clutch for this bike, the stock ones are crappy, friend of mine said to get a max torque? I have had coleman ctu 200 before and had same junk clutches.

JimD

Reaction score
How about taking a picture of the set up you have with the cover off the clutch and jackshaft arrangement. Trying to figure out why they go back from the engine to the clutch set back further. Let me know the number of teeth on the engine sprocket going to how many teeth on the jackshaft and then how many teeth on the clutch sprocket going down to how many on the axle. Then if you on a caliper measure what the shaft size is holding the clutch. This is critical for good advice. An exact measurement is what I need, close only works in horse shoe tossing and grenade tosses.

JimD

Reaction score
The "SS" (six shoe) is what I would recommend. I was just asking the question to make sure you have a 5/8" jackshaft the clutch was going to slip on so you don't have the problem of a metric shaft that is slightly oversize and will give you problems slipping the clutch on since the bike is made overseas. Just count the number of teeth on the clutch sprocket and look on the chain to get the number off one of the links so you match up chain size to sprocket teeth. It will be either a #35 chain or a #41 or #420. (#420 is the same as #41 accept that it has been prestretched.)

porter2

Reaction score
the drive train on my bike is noisier than normal, I don't know if it's the clutch or the jack shaft, I think it's the jack shaft, what's the best way to tell?