Bent axle, can I use NLA part number to match aftermarket replacement?

schwim

Closet Nice Guy
Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

Murray cart model: gt60504x92a
axle PN: 1201084

Googling this leads you to a bunch of companies that list every known part number to funnel you to their site to find that they don't offer the part you're looking for.

There seems to be a lot that I need to take into account to purchase a replacement axle that will fit my bearings, sprocket, brake and retainer nuts for the wheels. Can I find a correct replacement axle based on the part number I have from the Murray manual PDF? If not, how do I order a replacement axle that will work with all the requirements I need to meet?

Thanks for your time!

karl

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot that I need to take into account to purchase a replacement axle that will fit my bearings, sprocket, brake and retainer nuts for the wheels. Can I find a correct replacement axle based on the part number I have from the Murray manual PDF? If not, how do I order a replacement axle that will work with all the requirements I need to meet?

Yeah searching by model number or part numbers will be difficult.

To start Id try and disassemble what you have until you are looking at a bare axle.

Hubs/ sprockets get stuck on, so more parts may be needed.

If everything goes smooth, grab a tape measure, calipers, and measure it up.

Take note of features like step downs, and threads.

And order a suitable replacement.

If it helps, #1403-40 from Go Kart Supply says it fits murray karts, but it will be up to you to determine it's fit.