Bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where do you guys like for bearings? I've ordered some from northern and I wasn't overly impressed. I've gotten them locally, but what about the ones that the other parts places have online?

FYI -- when I used those harbor freight wheels, the bearings almost instantly disintegrated. Don't even bother with them!

cojaro

Reaction score
Where do you guys like for bearings? I've ordered some from northern and I wasn't overly impressed. I've gotten them locally, but what about the ones that the other parts places have online?

FYI -- when I used those harbor freight wheels, the bearings almost instantly disintegrated. Don't even bother with them!

mfgsupply.com, gokartsnminibikeparts.com, mrfabrication.com I don't know about quality for them. I got my minichopper rear wheel from gokartnminibikeparts.com and the bearings on it work well.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, everyone sells them, I'm just curious if they are all the same manufacturer/quality level or not. And talk about pricey for the good ones locally!

jrjulien1

Reaction score
ya the when i was pricing berings locally i found pillow block berings with a 1in bearings were 8 dollars each which isnt bad however i dont know what quality they were but they were at princess auto however i think for my project im going to order all my bearings from a friends dad who works at a place where they specialize in industrial grade bearings and he gets a discount so id get them for next to nothing the good thing is that they also make other drivetrain parts from gears to clutches belts and chains so ill get all that stuff for less

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah that local place I buy from is an industrial place. They're very good, but I really have gotten spoiled with the net, and not having to drive to the boondocks to get bearings is a plus. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.