Bearings for 1805 Carter Mini Monster Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mornin' all!

My name is Jim - I am new to this forum - after reading through some of the posts, it looks like there is a wealth of knowledge here! I am finishing up the restoration of a Carter Mini Monster Truck (Model 1805), and am hoping I can get some advice on where to find the remaining parts I need.

It is currently at the powder coaters, and I need to replace ALL the bearings when I get it back. I have the Illustrated Parts Breakdown, but most of the part numbers do not cross to any of the sources for go cart parts. Is there a "one stop shop" where I can get all of the bearings for this cart? If not, is there a good cross reference that I can use to get some available part numbers?

Thank you!

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
Just google Go Kart Bearings, and you will have a ton of choices. Just be aware, the bearings are not specifically made for Go Karts, as they are used in many other applications, so you can get them from a wide variety of other places. In other words, you can get them cheaper from say a industrial supply or a bearing specific vendor rather than paying marked up prices from a Go Kart supply website.

Have you removed the old bearings yet? You will need to measure the Inside Diameter and Outside Diameter and the width to start.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
That is true, Texan, but he also needs to be careful he gets decent bearings that will hold up.Not all bearings are created equal.

jimchandra2@gmail.com, I've had really good luck getting high speed, sealed ball bearings for my kart off www.bmikarts.com.
They're buttery smooth and should last quite a while(they've been fine even with my near 40 MPH top speed runs).

Make sure you measure the old ones first!:cheers2:

Oh, and :welcome2:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Apart from the axle bearings (#42 in the parts list)
all are standard industrial bearings.

for the front (wheel hubs and spindle bracket [#3 and #11]) I suggest deep groove bearings
since there's quite some lateral load.
steering and jackshaft (#25, #87) shouldn't see much lateral load and a std bearing should do.

Since you removed all the bearings before powder coating hopefully,
you can read their number and search for it on the internet.
I bet you more than likely will be able to find
an engineering shop that lists all of them;
some may not have the adjustable flanged axle bearings but those can be found in any kart shop. so you only have to deal with two shops max.

skf.com can provide you with exact dimensions to a number or number for any dimension..
they also make about the best bearings worldwide (but those are not exactly cheap ;))

Some bearings you want shielded, some maybe sealed and some open caged..
depending on their location and chance of getting hit by dirt/debris mud or water.

'sid

PS some bearings can be revived with just some degreasing, cleaning up and regreasing..
maybe that's an option as well *shrugs*

Reaction score
All,

Thank you VERY much for the awesome responses! I will try to get the part numbers off the actual bearings. It may be difficult to do, however, as they are still in the frame. I chose to leave them in to avoid the possibility of getting any powder-coat material in the actual housing. I do have another model 1805 that is next in the hopper to be restored, I might just try and get the numbers off of that one. Once I do get the numbers, I will post for everyone so they can be passed around.

And I agree about the quality - when it comes to bearings, it's cheaper in the end to buy the good ones up front!

Thank you all again,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.