Bearing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Ok, so I just discovered that one of my front wheel bearings is the wrong size, in addition to being trashed. I have a few questions:

1. What are y'all's favorite places to get bearings? I would use BMI, but I'm not sure if their bearings will work, which brings me to my next question....
  2. The current bearings are flanged, and most of the bearings I see are the snap ring type. Will the snap ring bearings work?

At the moment I'm planning on getting these, and I'll just get them once the money comes in unless someone says something that changes my mind: https://www.ombwarehouse.com/5-8-x-1-3-8-sealed-flanged-bearing.html

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score

slicksonly

Mechanical Member
Reaction score
I would say your on the right track. :auto: Go with the OMB it will last a good long time.

Flanged & snap ring bearings are for holding a position. Take the snap ring off and use it as same.

favorite place ( Applied Industrial technologies ) good place for bearings & seals.

Get your self a bearing book. :idea2:

Speed wins races, :thumbsup: how do you like that one?

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Ok, just bought the set of 4 snap ring bearings from OMB, they beat GPS in overall cost.
I wanted to keep with the original style flanged bearings, but they're more expensive, and no one will really care.
I have an annoying tendency to spend my money as soon as I get it on go kart and RC stuff, but in this case it is a big time safety and reliability issue, so it's warranted.
I want to get my kart back on the road!:auto:

Unfortunately OMB says the bearings may have up to a 7 day delay.....:toetap05:
Ah well, time to go earn more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.