Battery Charging Help

Cartnoob

Reaction score
First let me say that I am still a complete noob to carts, but electrically ad mechanically inclined. I have a2015 Kandi KD-150GKH-2 and the battery is dying way too fast. I'm lucky if I get 3 or 4 cranks out of it before needing to hook up the battery charger. I have a brand new battery in it and nothing should be draining it. Again being a noob, I wonder is there an alternator (a friend mentioned maybe a stator) or something that should be charging the battery while in use? It has been a pain even finding a proper manual on this thing.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Yes, there SHOULD be a simple alternator coil built into the engine (sometimes located under the flywheel) to charge the battery while it runs.

You need to be able to check its output while the engine runs to determine if it is charging or not. I imagine there are pretty sizeable
demands on the alternator because it probably supplies power to headlights and tail lights--just a guess.

What is the model/designation of the engine?

Cartnoob

Reaction score
Yes, there SHOULD be a simple alternator coil built into the engine (sometimes located under the flywheel) to charge the battery while it runs.

You need to be able to check its output while the engine runs to determine if it is charging or not. I imagine there are pretty sizeable
demands on the alternator because it probably supplies power to headlights and tail lights--just a guess.

What is the model/designation of the engine?
All I know is it is a GY6 motor.