Baja Warrior torque converter help

Jakegreen123

Reaction score
I have a Baja Warrior with the original 200cc engine. I recently installed a chinese torque converter and the performance is night and day. However, it seems when out on the road and after extended times (10-15 min) at full throttle (still governed) i lose acceleration and feels like the wheel isn't turning as fast as the engine still is. I upgraded my knockoff belt to a genuine comet belt and better aligned the pulleys to the tune of a much more responsive throttle but still feel like there should be more "grab" in the mid rpms. Would setting the rear spring to the 3rd hole be wise for more power offroad? Would you attribute the loss of power after time at wide open to the lesser quality belt heating and stretching?

Jakegreen123

Reaction score
Well after some tinkering and getting a shorter lug nut for my threaded shaft, i determined that the chamging of the driven pulley's spring from hole 2 to hole 3 the enging under heavy load at wide open would cause the belt to slip and therefore make the whole system heat up from the friction. After adjusting the spring to open my rear pulley later, at a higher rpm, the belt keeps traction due to the wheel speed being the same as the engine speed. This change resulted in a much peppier bike that kept power throughout the range of the governed throttle.