Baja DN 250 find on Offerup

Status
Not open for further replies.

zogthegreat

Reaction score
So since someone gave me a POS go kart frame last week, I've been planning a build, (you know, after I finish rebuilding 2 6.5 clones, a GX160 and a GC160 and finish my mini chopper), I've been trying to plan out a build for it. Everyone here knows that parts are expensive, so when I saw this for $150.00. After negotiating the price down to $100.00, I jumped on it:

No engine and the frame is really rough, with a lot of rust, but the parts are great! I'll be able to pull the steering rack, front brakes and spindles, rear axle and bearing and more!

zog is wearing his happy face!

zogthegreat

Reaction score
:) :) :)

Yeah, like I said, I'm happy!

Here's my haul from ripping and stripping the frame:

The axle will need some work, someone had welded a #35 sprocket on to it. I cut off the stem for the steering and the steering rack, easier to reuse them than rebuild them. I'm going to cut up the rear swing arm to fit the project that I have in my mind.

The other thing that I noticed is that the factory welds are really crappy:

I had read on some sites where some owners had said that the frame cracked in the rear, puncturing the gas tank and spilling gas onto the engine. Not good! The bottom of the frame was completely rusted out, so no loss.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
All I see are black boxes with Xs in them. So until I see actual pictures I will say it looks like junk and you got ripped off bad. :thumbsup:

Denny

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
YEAH! Strip the parts offa that cheap Chinese buggy. :wai:

If you look at the frames of those buggies, they all look like they were made on a Friday by Zhang Liu while he was amped up on a speedball or something....tons of unneeded or at best decorative tubing going every which way.

Such obesity...

zogthegreat

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm finding better deals on offerup.com than CL these days. But I might be selling the axle, (which is why I bought the thing in the first place!). It might be to wide for the go cart that I have in mind and I'm not sure if I could or would want to cut it down. I want to get my mini chopper rolling before I make any decisions. Size is always an issue when you all you have is 450 sq feet to live in!

Status
Not open for further replies.