ATV suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swabbster

Reaction score
you should put a 6.5hp honda clone in it, would be cool to see someone do the conversion and document it, may want to consider a tav2

buddyochoa

Not Senior Yet
Reaction score
That seems a lot easier, and cheaper, then custom fabricating a front suspension. Even on a two person cart, the suspension should be strong enough.

jace

Reaction score
i can't really get a good photo of the bottom, because it's sitting pretty low since i cut the shock mounts off, but i threw in a photo of how it attaches at the bottom.

IMG_20120814_212130.jpg

IMG_20120814_212201.jpg

Swabbster

Reaction score
that looks really nice, i love go karts but i am starting to go into mini bikes, i love my baja warrior,

buddyochoa

Not Senior Yet
Reaction score
atv suspension

Well here is a revised design using ATV type suspension. I have yet to figure out where to mount the shocks on the frame of the kart though.

Attachments

• kartsz.jpeg
    kartsz.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 8

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Reaction score
Yeah but if your building a two seater buggy you may need bigger/stronger components like shocks and wheels.

Thats just a Chinese off-branded wheeler. I think youd be better off getting Stronger stuff. that was only built to take 1 rider. this will have 2 and way more weight.

buddyochoa

Not Senior Yet
Reaction score
atv suspension

Well I'm not necessarily going to use that particular wheeler for parts. A larger utility 4 wheeler would be ideal to take parts from. Like the ones people push snow and such with.

Attachments

• RearKart3.jpg
    RearKart3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3
  • FrontKart3.jpg
    FrontKart3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 5

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Reaction score
Well I'm not necessarily going to use that particular wheeler for parts. A larger utility 4 wheeler would be ideal to take parts from. Like the ones people push snow and such with.

but yeah your right Utility atv that would work great, id look around, i see a few trashed ones every so often.

buddyochoa

Not Senior Yet
Reaction score
It's going to be just wide enough for the two seats side by side. I have some masking tape and plan to use it for collecting some more information sometime. That way I can actually get a feel for how wide it needs to be.

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Reaction score
It's going to be just wide enough for the two seats side by side. I have some masking tape and plan to use it for collecting some more information sometime. That way I can actually get a feel for how wide it needs to be.

Yeah. but id suggest if your wanting to just make it wide enough for 2 then id build a J-arm suspension. thats what im going to do. there real easy to setup to. keeps ever thing nice and tucked close to the kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.