anyone here drift their karts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jblankster

Reaction score
so i was thinking about getting into trike drifting but i want to buy/build a kart (see other thread) and i want to get a second set of wheels for drifting, this in addition to the engageable clutch another forum member is producing would would be insane.

how to make drift wheels:

1. get wheels/tires (can use old worn out tires)

2. deflate them

3. go to store buy PVC (black to look cool, white if you dont care) that fits over the tire tightly. you may have to hammer it on.

4. air em back up and it is on there for good

5. drift!

what i do not know is if you should run regular fronts or do some pvc to them aswell.

i think this will work best on lower power karts or karts with a higher rev limit.

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
I'm building my kart to drift, but instead of PVC wheels I've got 45hp and a 6 speed with regular kart tyres :D I'll let you know how it goes when it's done.

Be careful when you 'air up' the new tyres with the pipes over them. You won't need much pressure to hold the pipe on but I think too much and it'll break the pipe which could result in shrapnel, hospital, etc. Be careful!

I'd run regular fronts :) PVC fronts would just be crazy

voided

parking lot pimp
Reaction score
I'm building a shifter cart for drifting.. With a kx125 motor..

If you run race cart rims and tires its easier to find the PVC to fit...

Make sure you grind the edges down, once on the tire.. Some people do it but some people don't but I've flipped a couple drift trikes I built because I didn't grind the edges of the PVC

Status
Not open for further replies.