Another single seater streaker

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
These karts are not beautiful, but the obvious fact that hey are used and used well is a joy to behold. I love them!
We get a good five or ten miles away from home before we turn around and start on are way back. And we make that trip multiple times a day almost every Saturday. are Neighbor is now building three karts. the cop six houses down now has a dingo looking thing setting in his driveway if he joins the fun that would be awesome. I really hope third summers the charm and more people join in. this also serves a a PSA if you see a person blasting around the backstreets especially on a gokart go join them.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I took the spindle bolt out and pushed it up against a brick wall and used the purse to push the front axle back straight. It did not take much at all to bend back in place. now to gusset it to make sure it doesn’t bend back.46CB804B-A44B-465F-846C-81432934FB9A.jpeg

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
I took the spindle bolt out and pushed it up against a brick wall and used the purse to push the front axle back straight. It did not take much at all to bend back in place. now to gusset it to make sure it doesn’t bend back.View attachment 137403
That streaker have caster angle or is that the camera? Nice to see you working at a completely respectable and reasonable time of day.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
That streaker have caster angle or is that the camera? Nice to see you working at a completely respectable and reasonable time of day.
I think it’s the camera. The tie-rods need a small amount of adjusting but for the most part it straightened the wheels a lot. I have pipes made for in-between the hubs and even ordered the plastic bushings that press into the top bottom of the spindle To keep the wobble at a minimum. I have always said to people 3am or 3pm it usually doesn’t matter i’m out and about.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
Ok I almost messed up terrible. Looked backwards to check for cars and saw the engine about jump off the mount. three bolts had no nuts and one bolt had the nut holding everything on but just barely. AA154ED8-6FB4-45F4-AD06-2BC0530C3D58.jpeg

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
Next up torque converter opinions... 14t t/c sprocket 60t axle sprocket. with the 14t clutch there was no bottom end. and great speed. With The 14t t/c there is tons of bottom end and even more speed. I may go up to 15t on the t/c for more speed. I was able to spin donuts on the street like I can on the margay. Surprised the heck out of me and there not the slow almost doing donuts I mean I was full on Detroit sideshow slinging around a four way. you can keep the left tire on a nickel and do donuts all day. I could not believe it had the power to do that.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
First two pictures are the red kohler. The blue kohler was out of the box. You can see why my pops always wins the race. I’m not complaining the red engine is Powerful and the kart is fast. the red one is just not fresh like the blue one is. Have to watch the oil in the red one. they have to do above 50mph0EB73899-BC5B-41EC-9961-1565D97D1B26.jpeg92BDEC8E-BE88-434B-8D44-B9E9868A2D8C.jpeg4C7F8DBD-CE3A-4DFD-BEAE-7E1CBA626D7B.jpeg

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
First two pictures are the red kohler. The blue kohler was out of the box. You can see why my pops always wins the race. I’m not complaining the red engine is Powerful and the kart is fast. the red one is just not fresh like the blue one is. Have to watch the oil in the red one. they have to do above 50mphView attachment 137418View attachment 137419View attachment 137420
That red Kohler looks like something out of a horror movie. 50 on a yard kart is impressive, but I know you well enough to know that you like dancing with danger.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
so does anyone actually know about converter springs? what color is lighter and what color is heavier? I really really try to break things down in a way that could be explained to a caveman so here goes.. only one spring broke. If I’m correct stiffer springs will make it harder for these to open. these being harder to open will hold you in first longer to build power.. no good for me. I have the slightest mid throttle slip. now this has not affected belts or performance. one spring broke. I bent a new hook and have been riding all day but know I made the spring .001% stiffer. I need to ebay lighter springs but do not know what colors are lighter. any input? FB4DCEFF-8D2A-450F-A95C-F58B4A3DB141.jpeg

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
so does anyone actually know about converter springs? what color is lighter and what color is heavier? I really really try to break things down in a way that could be explained to a caveman so here goes.. only one spring broke. If I’m correct stiffer springs will make it harder for these to open. these being harder to open will hold you in first longer to build power.. no good for me. I have the slightest mid throttle slip. now this has not affected belts or performance. one spring broke. I bent a new hook and have been riding all day but know I made the spring .001% stiffer. I need to ebay lighter springs but do not know what colors are lighter. any input? View attachment 137432
The colors wear off.
I use a dopers grams scale for used springs. Lighter springs will engage earlier, heavier springs engage later. As little as a 1/2 gram will be a different engagement rpm.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
so does anyone actually know about converter springs? what color is lighter and what color is heavier? I really really try to break things down in a way that could be explained to a caveman so here goes.. only one spring broke. If I’m correct stiffer springs will make it harder for these to open. these being harder to open will hold you in first longer to build power.. no good for me. I have the slightest mid throttle slip. now this has not affected belts or performance. one spring broke. I bent a new hook and have been riding all day but know I made the spring .001% stiffer. I need to ebay lighter springs but do not know what colors are lighter. any input? View attachment 137432
The driver springs are for rpm engagement. The driven spring controls how fast the belt starts it shift, holding low gear longer.

You CAN go too heavy on the driver springs and lose the ouuta the hole pull. If it starts to engage passed peak torq of the engine, this is less torq to the tires, it moves slower outta the hole, or less black marks on the pavement. All engines will peak torq at a certain rpm, finding that sweet spot can be tricky. I use the springs that leaves the longest black marks on the pavement, that's torq spinning the tires at a dead stop, not hp.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
The driver springs are for rpm engagement. The driven spring controls how fast the belt starts it shift, holding low gear longer.

You CAN go too heavy on the driver springs and lose the ouuta the hole pull. If it starts to engage passed peak torq of the engine, this is less torq to the tires, it moves slower outta the hole, or less black marks on the pavement. All engines will peak torq at a certain rpm, finding that sweet spot can be tricky. I use the springs that leaves the longest black marks on the pavement, that's torq spinning the tires at a dead stop, not hp.
Yupp just as I figured with going to stiff it doesn’t let the pulley kit out. i’m guessing eBay is my best bet for a scale? Or like a smoke shop maybe? Throw the good one on a scale and look for one just ever so slightly lighter? I was totally under the assumption one color was used for one gram weight specifically and another color for heavier. I’ll get a scale and see what I can do thank you!

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Any smoke shop has them, some convenient store has them too. Lik $12, when I got 1. Usally gokarts with the correct gearing, and short tires can run the driven spring in the least resistant hole. It doesn't take as much torq to turn those smaller tires over. I not, 100% sure, but a friend of mine says the green driven spring, is the lightest of the driven springs. I take his word, since he's only 150#, and got more mph then me, 😆 🤣 😂

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
@BrownStainRacing remember this guy has no care whatsoever for off the line power, he runs 14T TC (!!!) driver, and he loves high speed. Whenever I can get a TC on my kart I’ll refer to this.
😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 I remembered as I was typing about the green spring.

Getting that driven into high with big power plants and light riders, will get that mph up.... fast. When your mph is going up faster then your tach, I'd have to say, you are doing something right.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
Getting that driven into high with big power plants and light riders, will get that mph up.... fast.
It’s looking like the right parts go a long way. I purchased two torque converters 1” around Christmas and it cost me less then $40.. how do they do it? anyway the backing plate was drilled to fit the massive non break/strip sidecover bolts of a kohler. Also the crank bolt bushing for the driver was drilled for the massive no strip crank bolt. I keep the driver/driven clean I can’t stand the smallest amount of grit.. if it starts to downshift a bit weird the driver comes off for a clean. I’m matching them with genuine 37$ Comet belts and lastly ordered two sets of genuine packaged comet driver springs. that picture earlier it only spread that far because the one driver spring busted. I’m thrilled with the rest of the kit. Beefy and lasted me and makes funs of power!

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
anyways thoughts on torque converters. unbelievable things they are. Two k181 engines two sta-11 streaker gokarts one engine worn out one engine top notch. One genuine belt one not. we line up side by side and just as we both shift to second the go pedals get slammed to the floor. for two telephone poles we have to be creeping past 45mph and all of the sudden his kart with the fresh engine leaves me behind entirely at the third pole. I’m moving and his kart just magically pulls six extra horsepower from who knows where and drives out of my life. I‘m thinking new rings and piston for my red one. Got to make it get around my pops somehow some way