American Sportworks Hornet 3170

Sauer_35

Reaction score
I’m looking at an American Sportworks Hornet 3170 for my kids. I can’t find much info on it. I’m trying to find the length of the frame. I’m just over 6’ and if need be could I ride this comfortably? I added a generic picture for reference.

Attachments

• 4FDE44E5-9A9C-4385-94F6-A2F84F186684.jpeg
    4FDE44E5-9A9C-4385-94F6-A2F84F186684.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 5

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
That photo does not look generic to me. :unsure:

You should be fine. I'm 6' 3" and while these are all advertised as fun karts and/or "for kids", they were designed with adults/young adults in mind.

You're not supposed to be supremely comfortable and to be able to stretch your legs out in one of these things.
Your legs are customarily "in your chest" and I have no problem with the comical posture. If they were roomy like modern automobiles,
they wouldn't be as fun to drive because they would have a longer wheelbase and be heavier and longer.

As far as I can tell, this model looks roomy especially with the way the steering wheel is mounted high above the footwell. My best advice is
to look for videos or video reviews with an adult riding one to give you an idea of its size.

Found a few manuals, but no specs on dimensions:

https://assets.americanlandmaster.com/uploads/manuals/Fun-Kart/funkart-safety.pdf

https://assets.americanlandmaster.c...art/3170_3170_Assembly_Instructions_14772.pdf

Sauer_35

Reaction score
I currently have a Yerf Dog and it’s plenty big enough for me. From some Of the pictures and videos I’ve seen this one seems smaller. Im going to go look at it tomorrow.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
It does seem smaller but is cube shaped (like an original Mini Cooper with its 4 wheels pushed out to the extreme corners of the body) with a maximized riding compartment. Neat design, really.

It'll be better for you when riding solo as those 2-person bench seats just rock. Better than two bucket seats side by side.

Take a tape measure with you and report back the dimensions like length, width, distance from the seat back to the pedals....?
Might help someone in the future.

Sauer_35

Reaction score
It does seem smaller but is cube shaped (like an original Mini Cooper with its 4 wheels pushed out to the extreme corners of the body) with a maximized riding compartment. Neat design, really.

It'll be better for you when riding solo as those 2-person bench seats just rock. Better than two bucket seats side by side.

Take a tape measure with you and report back the dimensions like length, width, distance from the seat back to the pedals....?
Might help someone in the future.
Will do. I tried to go meet with the seller today, but he got busy. He’s free tomorrow but I may be busy until Thursday. Hopefully we can make it work.

panchothedog

Reaction score
So did you go see it? Do you fit in it, and did you buy it? Lets see a picture of you in it if you did.