Almost ready to start my first build.

cheeknow88

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am about to start on my first kart build in the next few months. I am still in the research phase at the moment so I know I will have a lot of questions and look forward to everyone's help. My plan as of now is a budget build using an old atv (Honda Recon) as a donor. I will be making a more detailed post in the proper thread soon. Thanks in advance.

FlyFrog

Reaction score
i would say remove the engine cradle and rear end to mockup a kart frame with, shorten the gap between the engine and rear end so you still sit in front of the engine, make sure you have proper welding gear and you dont need to know how to weld, you can learn on this, you can always grind it down to look pretty

cheeknow88

Reaction score
i would say remove the engine cradle and rear end to mockup a kart frame with, shorten the gap between the engine and rear end so you still sit in front of the engine, make sure you have proper welding gear and you dont need to know how to weld, you can learn on this, you can always grind it down to look pretty
Thanks, that's most likely what I will do. I have a titanium 125 flux welder. I wouldn't call myself a welder yet but I should be able to manage. So long as my kart doesn't fall apart I will be happy.

Jims83cj5

Reaction score
If you can manage it, use gas not flux core unless you are welding in windy conditions.those flux core welders spatter everywhere and the welds always look cold.