Advice on best axle bearings

Reaction score
I am planning a few builds and need advice on the best axle bearings for each application. My next 2 future builds include a big minibike and a utility barstool racer (a barstool racer with a small dump bed on the back). I was planning on going with some heafty pillow block bearings for the barstool racer but I like the look of the bearing hangers that you see on most barstool racer builds. My axle is 1-1/4" .190. I am a hefty fella that's just shy of 300lbs and will be using the BSR (BarStool Racer) as a small utility cart around the yard to carry material and tools as needed. I want to be sure that the axle bearing will be able to support the weight. I figure that a quality set of precision bearings with hangers would suffice for most BSR builds but wondered if I would be better off going with some pillow block bearings and if they are better for higher load bearing applications. What are your thoughts and suggestions?

mckutzy

Reaction score
The bearings are the same in most cases.. so go with what you like... in the end it isnt going to be totally under a ton of stress... the self aligning hanger will be fine.