A bent axle is nothing to worry about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/snw/d/haslet-manco-fox-2-tecumseh-enduro-50/6906891951.html
CL people REALLY do think their stuff is made outta gold! *scratches head* :huh:
"2004 Manco fox go kart, new carburator, new fuel lines, new brake system, new clutch and chain. The axle is slightly bent. The back wheels are pretty bare. And it makes a grinding noise when it's pushed. It will run well with a little tune up."

I'm guessing the grinding noise is bad axle bearings, probably caused by the bent axle.
I consider an average, fully running go kart to be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of ~$200.
Minus $20 for a Tecumseh, which it has. :cornut:

Attachments

• Bent.jpg
    Bent.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 20

950speed

Reaction score
$150 is not bad for something like that, down here in Austin it would be somewhere around $200 as a base price, these Austin people lol (we are from Houston, it’s sort of an inside joke)
The grinding noise is very likely the brake pads rubbing on the disc, caused because of a slight “jump” which then bent the axle.

Not a bad price in my opinion, those tecumseh engines aren’t bad as long as they are maintained and carb is clean. The only reason I recycled mine was because the PO didn’t maintain it well.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
It's not terrible, but I wouldn't buy it for any more than $90. My mom is Vietnamese and a fierce bargainer, and it's carried on to me.
Also just noticed that it's like a children's coloring book! :ack2:
Kinda like Skittles from RBG. :lolgoku:
Ah well, value is relative between people.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Talk him down a little and buy it. Not a bad deal at all. If he was close to me I'd buy it!

I wish!
I don't have much cash layin' around though, and I don't think my parents would like two unfinished projects!
Ahh well, just gotta go mow more lawns!

950speed

Reaction score
Yep I agree even though it’s not a bad price for what it is I bet you could talk him down. I got my manco 606 scorpion with a sunning subi ex17 for $50 plus two 30series belts, with a working comet 30 series

950speed

Reaction score
Yep the were genuine, unfortunately the rubber of one was dry rotted so it burned up fairly quickly.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Was there pics of the bent axle?

Who bought it? Ad is gone. I thought the asking price was gonna be $500 to be honest...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.