• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

88 Silverado 4X4

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Just got this truck a couple days ago....88' Silverado 350 4X4 4 speed....sold my Daytona for a grand and bought this for 700. Tore the engine down to freshen up the heads and replace gaskets. Lapped each valve by hand and replaced every valve seal. Painted a bunch of crap too...should be back together by tomorrow. :thumbsup:

POOF!

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Yeah it was a good deal considering the box is worth what i paid for it :D Its got a new exhaust, clutch, clutch line, brake lines, and the interior is mint.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
I would but the mileage is bad enough as it is :biggrin5:

Headers will come if i decide to keep it. Cold air intake also.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
The only piston that i cleaned was #1. Used a wire wheel on the drill. The rest of the pistons were THAT clean. The particles wont go past the rings as long as you don't turn it over. Used a vacuum and carb cleaner to rinse. This engine has been running clean its whole life.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
The 2 middle cylinders had a blown head gasket between them (which is why i tore it apart), but that still doesn't explain the cleanliness of the other side.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Are you going to drop a little bit to fix the 4x4? On the side of ignition I installed a whole new MSD ignition, distributor, lines, etc I got from summit, it helped my 5.9 a lot which had a bad wire.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Yep 75$ for new axle (mechanics cost) gettin it this week. Truck has a lot of mid-top end power.....smokes the tires good

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Been short on cash, no axle yet, my boss died, but a friend bought the business so i keep my job. Gettin some powder coated headers pretty soon here. Tinted my tail lights for the hell of it

Status
Not open for further replies.