6 hp craftsman tiller help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jblankster

Reaction score
OK so i got a 6 hp tiller off some guy for only $50!!! and I'm going to mod my friends go kart with this (his is only a 3) but my question is, it has some sort of transmission with reverse and i wanted to use it on the go kart. is this possible? its dark out now but i will take some pics tomorrow.

thanks for the help :)

Jblankster

Reaction score
yea. im just going to use the motor, no reverse. wayyyyyy too much trouble for its worth.

but i am having a new problem. im trying to take the pulley off the engine shaft but it has a little allen screw holding it in and its rusted. how can i get it off? i put some wd 40 on and liquid wrench (not at the same time) on it and hopefully that will work.

then if i do get it off how can i get the clutch on it since it has no bolt or screw at the end of the shaft?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kick *** -- you're on the right track. Post pics when you can!

Jblankster

Reaction score
ok got off the screw. needed a little liquid wrench and a air ratchet :D

now the clutch fits perfectly but i need a new allen screw to fit that clutch (the guy lost it)

eddvandaddy

Reaction score
hi ,i just bought a brand new scooter x go kart (x cart) and it has worked for about a day ... but then today after i drove it for about half an hour is stopped... i think it stopped cause of over heating... but then i got on it about 3 hours later and i pulled the starter and it started and i pulled the gas and the wheels spun(i was lifting the back wheels and i was not on the go kart) it was still working and as soon as i sat down and pressed on the gas it died so i got up started it again lifted back wheels pulled gas and they spun.... so i took a seat again and i pressed on the gas and it died.... and this happened like 15 time already... can someone please please please help me figure out what the problem is? thanks! much apreciated

Jblankster

Reaction score
ok update :

motor installed. WORKS GREAT!! it goes i think like 35-45 mph. couldent get any good tests in. ill post pics and everythin 2marro :)

Jblankster

Reaction score
update

the motor appears to be too strong for the motor!!! we burnt out the clutch in 1 hour! (i wasnt there but it sounds like thats what happened. checkin it out 2marro) i will get pics and stuff 2marro also.

i have a question also. how do you install a comet torque converter? we might put it on the go kart.

GoAlterBridge

Reaction score
Huh??? Do you mean The motor appears to strong for the clutch?
You install a a torque converter using four mounting holes on the CVT, and screw bolts through them, into the engine itself. On most engine crankcases there are holes with threads in them for different purposes. They are what you screw the bolts into.
A torque converter would be awesome on that engine!

robin

Reaction score
my last bike burn clutches use a jack shaft to spin the clutch faster it it engages quicker and don't constantly slip and burn up

Jblankster

Reaction score
i know how the TC mounts to the motor, but where does it go from there?

ehh no room for jack shaft. it barely fits me on it.

prolly not gona be seeing it till the clutch comes in. but will get many many pics and videos of it. you guys will laugh at how ghetto it is.

pete

Reaction score
i know how the TC mounts to the motor, but where does it go from there?

ehh no room for jack shaft. it barely fits me on it.

prolly not gona be seeing it till the clutch comes in. but will get many many pics and videos of it. you guys will laugh at how ghetto it is.

If you are going to use a torque converter, you while not need a jackshaft.

pete

Reaction score
my last bike burn clutches use a jack shaft to spin the clutch faster it it engages quicker and don't constantly slip and burn up

A jack shaft is normally used to gear the motor down to get more torque.

mikeandike

Reaction score
ok robert we seriosly need an engine section :p (sorry for butting into your thread Jblankster)

Status
Not open for further replies.