420 bobber

vegasboy

Reaction score
My latest 420cc project. Street legal of course. Od green and tan. I definitely need to get a smaller sprocket on the back to get some more speed out of her. Could use a speedometer also, and I will be building a front fender for it soon.IMG_20201012_165724.jpgIMG_20201012_165742.jpgIMG_20201012_165829.jpgIMG_20201012_165755.jpg

vegasboy

Reaction score
Thank you kindly sir. I've always wanted a clean looking bobber and I needed to do something different anyway instead of the same old bikes. Before too long I'm going to start on a trike.

vegasboy

Reaction score
The front fork and rear tire are off a Kawasaki eliminator 125. The tire is 24 in tall the current sprocket I have on there is a 70th and 10 teeth on the clutch. I am currently ordering a 50th so I can at least get 65mph out of it. So far only the governor has been bypass for an extra thousand RPM

pearl111

Reaction score
Very nice, well done, I like the bike. I'm curious to know when you welded the square tubing did you have inserts to help support the welding joints? The reason I ask, I'm thinking of using the same tubing for a go kart build.

vegasboy

Reaction score
No inserts. 120 wall is pretty thick plus it welds nice and if you have to grind a down a weld there's a decent amount of weld between joints that It won't snap off. I've built multiple trikes and bikes with it. If it's a large vehicle it'll start to get a little heavy. I only have a harbor freight welder, no gas and it does just fine.