4-strokers...want an affordable tach'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

augidog

Reaction score
shoot, that's too bad...contact them personally if you're having trouble. they'll help.

augidog

Reaction score
sure looks more than "similar"...i do know ENM offers volume discount. personally i never saw one that low-priced before...a good find. and right in fowler's backyard, too.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
in my backyard?

*yelling*

"Hey Everybody! Fowler's got all kinds of go kart goodies in his backyard! Let's go!" :roflol:

He's thinking-"Oh no, Ive been found out!:worried2:"

:roflol:

And so we all buy ridiculously expensive plane tickets, sit calmly until our planes converge at the Sidney airport, and then gather with pitchforks and make our way over to the Enterprise Rent-A-Car desk. Then we drive and drive and drive to Esperance, only to find out we have no idea where the heck Fouler lives or who he is.

augidog

Reaction score
the link DCProductions posted is a dealer in Oz, fowler..."in your backyard" so to speak... just a little yankee slang.

sorry, i sure hope i didn't start a stampede to your place.

augidog

Reaction score
guys...fowler's location is in his profile. as a matter of forum-courtesy, i always learn what i can about who i'm talking to...he's in Oz, the tachometer seller's in Oz. that's good news for him, right?

nevermind.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, i found one that is identical that ships to the UK for £10. I have sent the seller a message to 100% make sure it will work on my clone. i expect it would work on a 2 stroke if you halved the rpm or something.

fowler

Reaction score
C'mon, how hard can it be- Just look for the backyard fulla kart goodies!

Wait a minute- Can't we use that Google Street View or whatever?

not even google earth has got pics of our place

well not any from the last 7 years

ok augidog
i suspected that but i couldnt find it wrote down anywhere

speedshopmike

Reaction score
i ordered up one of those cheapy tachs last week off ebay from hong kong.
it purports to be programmable for use with any motor.
will report if anyone wants to know.
can't beat 13 bucks shipped; carts are WAY cheaper to play with than cars :)

augidog

Reaction score
i expect it would work on a 2 stroke if you halved the rpm or something.
you can get them preset for engines that spark on every rev (2-strokes & certain modern 4-strokes) or for engines that spark once every 2 revs (traditional 4-strokes)...or programmable.

since these things use induction (you can extend the wire btw) you want to keep the pickup wire away from any other wiring. mine went nuts & died when i ran the pickup alongside my 24V light wiring.

jamyers

Reaction score
you can get them preset for engines that spark on every rev (2-strokes & certain modern 4-strokes) or for engines that spark once every 2 revs (traditional 4-strokes)...or programmable.

I'm liking that $15 ebay tach, adding it to my shopping list.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Briggs & Stratton flatheads fire a spark on every crank revolution - meaning that there is a "lost spark" at the top of the exhaust stroke? I'm thinking of the flywheel magnets, they don't know which stroke they're on...or am I overthinking this?

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
I'm liking that $15 ebay tach, adding it to my shopping list.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Briggs & Stratton flatheads fire a spark on every crank revolution - meaning that there is a "lost spark" at the top of the exhaust stroke? I'm thinking of the flywheel magnets, they don't know which stroke they're on...or am I overthinking this?

Correct. :thumbsup:

Devino, Sydney is about 3500kms (about 2000miles) away from where Fowler lives. :roflol:

augidog

Reaction score
Correct. :thumbsup:

Devino, Sydney is about 3500kms (about 2000miles) away from where Fowler lives. :roflol:
boy i'm tellin' ya, i've never regretted a smart-a$$ remark as much as i have that "fowler's backyard" one...do i get any points for entertainment value?

Status
Not open for further replies.