208 cc duromax upgrades

HNDBH

Reaction score
looking into doing some upgrades for 208 cc Duromax engine 7hp, cant find a definitive answer for what is compatible, a website i found for parts keeps on mentioning the 212 from predator, don't know if parts are compatible between the two different cc's and across the two brands, any help is appreciated

Big Bob

Reaction score
More than likely most Honda Clone parts will fit. Prior to ordering parts, pull it apart, Get a good digital micrometer and measure piston diameter, and piston pin size. Measure the crankshaft rod pin size and the rod length. (center to center) If it's a OHV engine it is more than likely a Honda Clone. On my Briggs and Stratton 208 CC engine most of the internals match up with a Honda GX 200. Some of the Predator stuff is different like the piston pin size. Many times the seller can help. But if you tell them you have such and such a size factory rod they can set you straight on what to get.
When you shop look at Honda Clone instead of Predator.
A accurate $20-$30 Caliper type micrometer from amazon will make your job of ordering stuff much easier. And even if you are like me and look really stupid you will sound smart. :cool: