2020 - Mini monster truck kart

Built Fast Kyle

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I just discovered this site and I think my project will fit in perfectly here. I’m building my son a mini grave digger monster truck go kart from scratch. I did start the build a few weeks ago so I’ll post everything in order. My son fell in love with monster trucks so I decided to skip the cheesy power wheels and build something a little more substantial. The build will have a 44” wheelbase and use a predator 212. It’s sitting on 22” tires. I’m trying to make it as scale as possible.

First mockup of the mini monster truck

First video of the build series
https://youtu.be/P_dNBAWhayc

Built Fast Kyle

Reaction score
Me loves grave digger...........good luck sir.

Thanks! It’s been a blast building it. My son got me into monster trucks very recently.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

It’s a roller

Motor mockup

Body is coming along

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Part 3 of the video build

https://youtu.be/mhNIrPCQw7g

Built Fast Kyle

Reaction score
I wish we had more progress info! Please update us!
I’m back with more!

sorry for the delay and sorry I forgot I posted on the site.
I managed to get back working on the mini monster truck (grave digger). My son was a little too young for what I was building so I slow walked it.
Check out my latest video! I finished the fiberglassing on the body and it came out better than I expected.

redflash

Reaction score
looks like the body will need some bracing, glassing wood strips inside ?????

Da Flash

Built Fast Kyle

Reaction score
looks like the body will need some bracing, glassing wood strips inside ?????

Da Flash
Possibly. I think once I build some steel body supports (4) it will stiffen right up. If it needs some more support some quick foam strips glassed in would be simple

redflash

Reaction score
I built a 1927 T bucket hot rod once...and the fibreglass body had ( from the factory) wood strips glassed in to prevent flex, much lighter than steel or aluminum.

Da Flash