2014 - Black 3 Car 2014 race microd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Reaction score
I dont even like oval track racing (too each his own) but I want one!! Great build! hadn't seen any like that before.

BigDuke6

Reaction score
So far we have accumulated, 2x3rd place features, and 8th last night. But that does not tell the tale to well. First 8 lap heat we looked great, won pulling away. in the next 12 lap elim, we started last, hung back from the 6 car till he ran us into the ruff inside, that broke something, flipped it next lap. from that point on handling and speed were very erratic. landing on the tires, bent our throttle assembly, couldn't get full power. Pulled carb this morning and the back tiny hole in the carb was plugged. Gotta study chassis for damage next.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBk7W_XNyUU

BigDuke6

Reaction score
Last and Championship race tonight. Cart handles great, motor was torn down and I replaced the valve springs. They tested at 8.2 & 8.6 lbs. down from stock 10.8 lbs. We have snapped 3 shocks this season and popped rings in 2 more. Hoping the set on it now will hold up. Post up video later.

BigDuke6

Reaction score
Ended up 5th, the rear end wore out and turned the axle into a lathe, ate up the pillow blocks, lost speed every laps. :idea2: I'm going to put in a back up rear end for family fun days, in 2 weeks. I get to drive it :wai: For the purpose of this contest the cart is done, we finished with the 3rd best average finish of 14 carts, so I consider it a success. I'll post a final build video soon. Best of luck to all the other entrants.

BigDuke6

Reaction score
BLACK 3 CAR 2014 BUILT CONTEST ENTRANT
HOMEMADE-FULL SUSPENTION-MICROD
HONDA 4HP DEGOVERNED AND 16" HEADER PIPE
11 TOOTH NORAN CLUTCH 65 TOOTH FINAL DRIVE
10" FRONT TIRES 11"LEFT REAR 11.5" RIGHT REAR
DIRT RACE CART

Finished video for contest. All told it was a strong kart, took quite a few hard shots this year. Several of the incidents shown are from shocks breaking, 3 on the year. One time a front radius rod snapped and stuck between the kingpin and it's mount, locking the steering. We had a good season, like his namesake, run it to the front or break it trying. Good Luck to the rest of the entrants, time runs short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXC9Yz5H7Hk&list=UU3gOO_UkHtRc0K_kbFcj1eA

Status
Not open for further replies.