150cc Kandi Buggy... Ignition issue.. help!

Mayito88

Mayito88
Reaction score
I'm having a starting issue with this Kandi Batman 150cc Buggy.... it won't make any sounds from the key switch... and won't turn on... the key switch has current because the neutral light turn on...at least has current on 2 wires.. (red and red/white). the other one is (red/yellow) but don't have any current... the buggy turn on if I jump the screws on the starting solenoid... and keep running until I turn it off from the switch.... any Idea what could be the problem??? I already replaced the solenoid and key Switch... Any help will be greatly appreciated...IMG_20201109_180318802.jpgIMG_20201109_175621187.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_175925969.jpg
    IMG_20201109_175925969.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

Mayito88

Mayito88
Reaction score
The carburador seems in good condition.. ones it turn on by bypassing the starter solenoid it runs good. Spark plug is new. The problem is that the buggy won't start with the key switch

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
I mean, you can but it depends on your safety standards. you could also just bypass it for testing and then if it is bad fix it. if it were me I'd bypass it but the again I don't let kids drive my stuff without me there.

Mayito88

Mayito88
Reaction score
IMG_20201110_180756841.jpgWell I ended up installing a new brake switch on the go kart and nothing happened... I check the 2 wires on the solenoid and find out only 1 has current (with the key in the ON position) the (red/yellow) and the green/yellow coming from the brake switch is dead..... Also the other wire connected in the brake switch (black) has current..... I bypass it and the buggy turn on🤔... Maybe the new brake switch was bad??? 🙄... Or why I didn't have no curren back in the solenoid?

Karttekk

Reaction score
A 12 volt test light is your best bet when checking wiring. One side of the key switch should always be hot. Put the test light on the switch side of the starter relay then turn the key to the crank position and see if the light illuminates. If not, you have a bad ground or broken wire in the harness somewhere. I had two issues with the last GY6 buggy I fixed. The red wire running to the front of the kart in the main harness had a break in it along with a bad connection in the red wire in the swing arm harness right before the bulkhead connector. Check for continuity in the wires in both the swing arm harness and the main harness. Clean and tighten any grounds too. Sometimes just unplugging all connections then plugging them back together magically cures these issues. Another option is checking for broken wires or opens with a multi-meter. Watch this video:

Snaker

Reaction score
I didn't catch any mention of a wire diagram in play here?
Something to consider. On many of these electrical systems the starter control circuit is switched on both the power side AND the ground side.
Often the various interlocks switch the ground.
Try metering the solenoid control terminals to find the dead one. Then Ohm that terminal to chassis ground.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Glad to hear it! If you would, post the solution so in the event someone else experiences the same issue they can refer to it.

Thanks

Mayito88

Mayito88
Reaction score
The solution for this issue was that One of the wires coming from the brake switch was cut somewhere in the way back to the solenoid... So I just bypass it to make it work... And it starts right up!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_172705981.jpg
    IMG_20201114_172705981.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4