New GoPro? Oh goody, where's my credit card.............

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
My internet homepage scrolls the news of the day, interspersed with ads obviously based on my internet history. Just saw one where the new GoPro HERO10 camera is now available, and it's discounted by $150 too! Yippee, gotta have it, cuz it's new and a gadget! Discounted to only $400 !!!
Gokart enthusiasts on this forum seem to use the GoPro of some variety or another more than any of the other brands out there. Did y'all go out and buy "the new GoPro" at some point for the money they were asking? This new one's a GoPro HERO10, so I guess there's been at least 9 previous versions of it.
Something tells me that every "large purchase buying period" of the year (that's a real thing in retail) will see another version suddenly available, and if the number of it is different than the last one everybody will already be convinced without any sales gimmicks that it's better than the last one. That's because the number of it actually is the gimmick. It's called "gold mine continuity", because as long as you keep mining that gold mine deeper and deeper it'll continue to produce gold.
Know why that ad came by my news scroll? You guessed it, I bought an action camera online. Here's my own gimmick though, it's called comparison research. $400? Not hardly. I bought a Campark 4K HD 20MP 1080P WiFi waterproof (131' diving)camera with all the GoPro features but the lens for the whopping price of $54, and a precut-foam hardshell case for $8, all free shipping. Camera has a fixed 170 degree wide angle lens that's not adjustable, but plenty good enough for me. Takes perfect stills, and the EIS stabilization makes great videos. Hoping somebody will teach me how to work it from my phone with WiFi, would make a great hidden camera with hidden remote control.
So, rush on out there and get the new GoPro. Or write to me for my research results and where to buy something great for 13.5% of the new gadget.

jmaack

Reaction score
Get a gimbal if moving, get a good mic and don't depend on internal gopro mic. personally when i make other channel vids I use software on my phone a ikling adapter and a yeti blue mic. hooked straight to my wired network for easy movement to pc for editing. Hope this makes sense after many years after almost hitting 40 I decided to have decent audio with my videos.

look forward to some new vids.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
That EIS active stabilization is doing a good job so far, but not road-tested for vibration yet. The complex series of adapters it's got for getting it mounted just about anywhere is going to have to do a gimbal's job for now. It came with an external mic that has a foam ball for a noise suppression windscreen. Can only plug it in when using the open frame, the waterproof case doesn't allow it, but that's fine.
Going to be quite some time before I take it to the wireless limit, only have a bottom-of-the-line smartphone right now. Will need a much faster one.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
I borrowed a friend's GoPro to try on my kart and the mount has slipped both times so the video was short. Thanks for the info on the $54 one... when I buy that will be a big upgrade from the $7 clearance dashcam that I've been using