i got another bike

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
so i picked up a 1984 suzuki 440. i paid 60 bucks for it. im going to combine it with my cb750 to make one running bike. ive measured the compression at over 100psi in both cylinders next ill need to work out the ignition system.both front and rear brakes work and it shifted through all the gears so, so far it a lot better that the750. 1631634316855.png1631634332931.png

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
does anybody know what parts are in the ignition system? i have the transistor igniter but i dont know what is next that ill need to buy/make. does it go to the plug, coil or capacitor or something else?

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
so i picked up a 1984 suzuki 440.
No you didn't!

That chassis is NOT a suzuki, it's a Kawasaki LTD 440 :)

Anyways unfortunately I do not know what kawasaki did back in the day.. but usually in the eighties you'll find a magneto a CDI and an ignition coil (or two) already.
the magneto is inside the crankcase the cdi however is essential and a seperate black box (usually quite large compared to what most are used to these days [about a pack of cigarettes I'd say])

maybe you can find a workshop manual for the bike online now that you know you are looking for a kawasaki ltd 440
there you'll not only find WHAT parts you need but also how to TEST the parts ;)

'sid

Attachments

• kawa440ltd.jpg
    kawa440ltd.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0

Functional Artist

Reaction score
I was kinda suspicious of that being a Suzuki too

I thought that it kinda looked like my 1980 Kawasaki 440 LTD (when I had 'er tore down)
...looks like some of the frame has been cut off (of the rear) probably ta build a "bobber" style bike (Not my "cup of tea")

Here are a couple of pics of my bike
...the first pic is of it's "skeleton" freshly washed (before the conversion)
...& the second pic is after out ridin' with my buddy, on his Superglide (after the conversion)
SAM_4517.JPGSAM_3221.JPG

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
it is a kawasaki i just mispronounced there sorry for the confusion. and yes it was modified by the po. its not my style either im going to use the engine from this and whatever else i need to get my 750 honda going. and turn this frame into a dirtbike/harly thing i havent decided yet.