• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Solomonster212

High Compression Member
Reaction score
IMG_20210301_195528_914.jpg

That's the newest ride. First thing I did was replace the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, TOB, and pilot bearing. From there I installed some Mishimoto hoses and a new timing belt with tensioner.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
We are looking for a home now. Our lease on our apartment will be up soon, so we need to find a home. One house we were looking at today ended up having an offer put on it about an hour after we looked at it. We didn't get a chance to discuss an offer because I was asking my dad for advice on it. So my fault. Unfortunately the past year has made it very difficult to buy a home due to more people being able to work from home, and they can move anywhere. Its killed the buyer's market and made it a seller's.

Had we known about this more in November, we probably would have just found a plot of land and built new on that. Would have been less of a hassle. So we have until May at the absolute latest to get a house and close on it so we can be out of here by June 19.

jmaack

Reaction score
good luck. having a saturated market like it is is one reason I'm not selling currently. I wanted to move to the lake in time for my daughter to be born but covid and all put a big halt. Wait it out and buy when right. Don't rush. Probably don't need or want my advice but it's always good hearing reinforcement for your side.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
We just need to be out of this apartment by June, the rent for this single bedroom would go up to almost $900 per month for a year lease. Or $1200 for a month by month...yeah no. If it's going to 30 year mortgage payment for a $210,000 house it ain't worth it.

jmaack

Reaction score
We just need to be out of this apartment by June, the rent for this single bedroom would go up to almost $900 per month for a year lease. Or $1200 for a month by month...yeah no. If it's going to 30 year mortgage payment for a $210,000 house it ain't worth it.
oh wow. Yeah . Definitely.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
On the upside, we already have been pre-approved for a mortgage, so that helps us. What doesn't is every house in our budget range has been slowly picked off. Would hate to do another apartment, we may look at renting a house and pay someone else's mortgage.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Over here at the moment it is a buyers market. House prices are cheaper than normal, but that also means that whatever goes on the market gets snapped up real fast. And with the prices being low, people don't want to sell....so less houses on the market.

Covid!!

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
i have since my last post, changed the alternator, rebuilt the TBI, replaced the fuel pressure regulator gasket (needs a whole new part), the tps, battery, painted air cleaner housing, took the plow out of the bed, broke the screws holding tailgate cover, replaced injectors, and last of all got shot in the hand by a fireball trying to start the stupid truck. charging system works now but still dumps fuel and wont run

karl

Reaction score
dumps fuel and wont run
That's a bummer. Did you replace the fuel pressure regulator, or just the gasket?

Anyway , One of these got dumped in the junkyard today, rotted deck. I have been looking years.
Lawn boy Duraforce 2-cycle 6.5hp. I hope Russ2251 is doing well. In his words, clone killer.

Attachments

• 20210330_205944.jpg
    20210330_205944.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210330_210722.jpg
    20210330_210722.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
my brother had one we threw it away he took it all apart and it was junk im thinking of building one for something... also jusst replaced the gasket im gonna replace the whole regulator

Kartorbust

Reaction score
After failing at getting a chance to drop an offer on a house, was able to get an offer one. Hope it goes well. Has some work that needs to be done, but man it'll be a huge upgrade over an apartment. Don't get me wrong, apartments are nice as a temporary thing. But I don't recommend them for more than a couple years tops. Money spent on it, but you get nothing to show for it.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Ended up losing out on that house as well. Either it was too low of an offer or because we requested a home inspector to come through. It was well under our budget which made it great. Single car garage, decent size backyard. Came with a pool table. Frickin pandemic has really made this more difficult.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
I am looking for a nice cheap borescope to use on small engine and was wondering if there was any you guys had had success with