Mercedes Kart, 4hp, 2 speed and reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Just what every yuppie kid needs. So How did it end up in Texas? Looks like its not priced too bad, Problem is no self respecting meat eating red blooded Texan that could actually fix it would buy it. LOL

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
. So How did it end up in Texas?

Someone was trying to keep Cameron from buying it.....so they brought it here.....

But....some guy from California will still buy it....it'll just have to ship.....

Dang!!!!! I'm getting wet all the way over here from Bird drooling.....C'mon man....you know you want it ......

EDIT: WAIT!!!!I forgot.....it may be headed for Houston....let's call it Jim's "camel back straw" and the last pre-divorce kart.....lol.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score

Please guys....read the rules for the Craiglist subforum. It is NO USE posting a link to an ad without all the rest of the photos and the description given. What is the ad gets taken down. This thread will become TOTALLY useless

Early 80's Mercedes 500 SL mini Go-Kart. This is a very rare hand built go cart made by LORINSER in Germany. It has 4hp Briggs & Stratton engine with 2 forward gears and one reverse gear. a working clutch peddle like a car, rack and pinon steering and discs brake. These are very rare and has most all of the original parts, missing parts are front turn signals lens and one headlight horn cover pad. Body is in good shape has a few nicks here and there not perfect and will need new rubber and paint. Motor runs great. There were only 100 of these made, this is one of 60 know to exist. There was one in excellent condition that sold on ebay for $12500 in 2010 On all the search engines there are only five pictures of these carts. 1984 mini Mercedes Go-kart

Attachments

• 00505_9eFm0HynVOM_600x450.jpg
    00505_9eFm0HynVOM_600x450.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 01010_erfk7kOyEfe_600x450.jpg
    01010_erfk7kOyEfe_600x450.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 01212_6Dw2baajMn_600x450.jpg
    01212_6Dw2baajMn_600x450.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 10

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of gearbox it has?

unfortunately NO..

I've seen several karts (the junior 911, the 'newer 500SL and others ) with the exact same layout..

a G120 (G140/160 sometimes) Honda with an attached gearbox ... but I cannot seem to find any information about said gearbox, who made it,
if it's actually made for the karts or taken from some industrial machinery... NOTHING!

But I have some "under the hood" pics... maybe you can find some more info with it.
it's a transaxle and IIRC a 3/4" axle, no differential and it has an internal chain (again IIRC)
other than that.. I have found no information :(

I had more.. but again.. migrating computers, finding my files is a real pain ATM...

[EDIT]
Oh look.... the Lorinser is actually different!
http://www.classicdriver.com/de/car/children-s-car/engine/1985/142332
(yes.. german, but the pics are worth more than words anyways ;))

Attachments

• $_72.JPG
    $_72.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 28
  • kinderauto-mit-benzinmotor-foto-bild-75738740.jpg
    kinderauto-mit-benzinmotor-foto-bild-75738740.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 21
  • g120-gearbox.jpg
    g120-gearbox.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 21
  • g120-getriebe.jpg
    g120-getriebe.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 16

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
So other than the yuppie kid merc. body 600 bucks may not be bad deal for this fine piece of intriguing german engineering. Or you hook it up to actual horsepower and it breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.