Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:10 PM

Default Help, Please, to Identify the Model of my Kart??

I have a Manco two seater and the manufacturer's tag only show Manco Products, Inc. and the city and the serial number. The serial number is 142XXXX. There was never a roll cage and it has a 5 hp Briggs & Stratton on it. The two seats are individual not a bench type seat. Any help identifying the model will be greatly appreciated. Also, about what period of years this model was made. I bought it from one of my wife's co-workers. She did not know how old it was or what the model was. I bought it in 1995 or 1996.

I need to buy a throttle cable for it. Any suggestions where to buy parts would be appreciated too. Thanks everyone. Larry

Old 01-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Cockney Ragamuffin

If you're just wanting to get a throttle cable for it, maybe try using a bicycle brake/gear cable kit. I got one at wal-mart for $5. You can use the cable it comes with or get some cable at a hardware store. You can also connect the conduit together or cut it to make whatever length you need.

For other parts there is this thread http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1180

Looks like a pretty clean kart; sorry I can't really identify it. Hope this helps and you can get it running soon.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:03 AM

Thanks, DCProductions, I have the throttle outer housing and your idea about the inner wire from a hardware store is just what I need. Thanks again. Maybe someone can tell me the model and the years the model was made. Larry
Old 01-29-2011, 12:27 AM

Larry, Blaze and others will be along soon. Your kart will be ID soon I would think. Nice kart you got there. Looks clean for the age.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:09 AM

Thanks, bighead, I kind of take pride in keeping things in as good of condition as I can. I can tell by the picture of your car that you are the same way. I am sure curious as to how old it is. As a matter of fact, my grandkids are all grown now and I am going to be selling it. I was thinking about asking around $100. Does that sound like a fair price? I can't even remember what I paid for it? Age is showing I guess. Thanks again. Larry
Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrye44 View Post
Thanks, bighead, I kind of take pride in keeping things in as good of condition as I can. I can tell by the picture of your car that you are the same way. I am sure curious as to how old it is. As a matter of fact, my grandkids are all grown now and I am going to be selling it. I was thinking about asking around $100. Does that sound like a fair price? I can't even remember what I paid for it? Age is showing I guess. Thanks again. Larry
$100 would be given it away.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:24 PM

Well I bought a cable at the hardware store and ran it through the throttle cable housing. I fabricated a cable end stop and hooked it all up and it works great. Total cost $1.79. It set up for a while and the carb is still acting up. I'm going to give it a soak in carb cleaner (spray type) and see if that works. Otherwise, I'll take it apart and soak it in a gallon of Chemtool B12 carb cleaner. Other than that everything is in good shape.

I hope someone can tell me the model and about when it was made. Thanks again everyone. Larry
Old 01-30-2011, 07:26 PM

Thanked 2,074 Times in 1,639 Posts

I'm just curious- Is that a hand brake I see, in addition to the normal foot pedal?
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Old 01-30-2011, 08:01 PM

Yes it is. You can see in the first picture the c-clamp with a bolt through it. That is the hand brake. The rod running along side the frame is the foot brake.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM

Do not sale it for $100. In my market that's an $300 Kart easy. Maybe more
Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 PM

I'll hang on to it and see what I can get for it. I have never sold anything on ebay. I might try that. Is there another source for selling something like this?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrye44 View Post
I'll hang on to it and see what I can get for it. I have never sold anything on ebay. I might try that. Is there another source for selling something like this?
Craigslist is your best bet. Where do you live?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 PM

SW Georgia, 100 miles north of Tallahassee, FL.
Closed Thread