Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Photo Gallery & Project Log

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 03:01 AM

Default Honda ATC 3 to 2 Wheeler Mini Bike Fat Cat/Big Wheel Build

I am going to build one of these conversions like it the vid. I will be using a 1979 ATC110. The bike is ruff but runs really good. Thye main reason I am doing this conversion is for room. I have 4 Odysseys that already hard to haul all at once. Once it is a mini bike I can stuff them into the trailer or the back of my van.

I hope to use the same 79 ATC110 front forks for a modified swing arm to fit a large rear tire. I will be using an Fat Cat wheel for it already has the brakes,sprocket and axle.

I can pick these front ATC forks up pretty cheap all day long. I think it will easy to mod into a swingarm. I will also have to mod the ends to hold the axle and chain adjusters. As well as the hub Stop.

Cost so far.

Doner bike $150
Fat cat wheel,tire,hub,sprocket,brakes. $90
Fat cat axle $10
Old yamaha swingarm (for the axle ends) $10
79 ATC front forks $15
Yamaha DT125 rear shocks $20

No plans just going on the fly. So here is some pics of the swing arm. It is made of heavy duty pipe. Not sure how thick but you can tell it well made and strong. I also like the idea that the front forks and the swingarm will match. I want to make this like it was from the factory. This idea was the best I could come up with. I could make somthing out of box tubing. Just do not think it would go with the flow.

Here is some pics. First pic is what I am trying to do. 2nd pic is the doner bike. 3rd pic is the forks, soon to be swingarm.

Any ideas?

Edit: After finding the first vid I may change derections. I like his swing arm set up. But he has no rear brakes. If I use the Big Wheel whell I have all that.

Edit #2: I found this vid. I like how he cuts the rear axle and uses it for the swing arm pivit!! (very smart) He also uses the ATC front forks for swingarm. (the ATC110 has a funky frame)

Attached Thumbnails
0.jpg   atc,s.jpg   !C!nJL+QCGk~$(KGrHqV,!ikE0HVF-!8BBNDuFGed8!~~_3.jpg  

!C!nJMhgEGk~$(KGrHqN,!hkEze,dBNH!BNDuFK)pn!~~_3.jpg   !C!nJQD!!2k~$(KGrHqF,!hEEzev1KQ!9BNDuFkM0Mg~~_3.jpg  
Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 PM

bump... did ya do it?
Old 08-06-2011, 04:43 AM

Nope not yet. Just one of the back burner projects.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 PM

that is sweet . i just picked up 2 of these 110 atc's this week and i may have to do this on one of them.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:22 AM

Remember the ATC110 have the stamped frame. You can do it but not as easy. Search youtube you will find some conversions with the 110's.