Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:30 PM

Hello once again! Any ways I was wondering if anyone knew of some engine mods that could make a 2 stroke or 4 stroke engine faster? Of course regular maintenance will, but actual modifications to the engine. I once saw in a Import Racer magazine, a kid on a go-cart with which looked like a water cooled type radiator? Ive also heard of people buying octane boosters for and mixing the octane with their gasoline, but Ive also heard that it can ruin your engine. Any one got some links or ideas? Would be kool to have a methanol go-kart engine.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:48 PM

remove the speed governor if you dare (or just disable it's control rod), people do that all the time, but you must make sure you don't over rev the engine

i personally wouldnt, if i have my throttle too high, my engine dies
Old 09-01-2006, 08:35 AM

heres a website that talks about some mods http://webpages.charter.net/jeffparker/page29.htm also you can add a custom exhaust by threading water pipe into the exhaust port and attaching a muffler in the end also yhis page on the website will help you http://webpages.charter.net/jeffparker/page27.htm
and as for methanol i dont know but i have seen guys use alcohol in thier motors but they have to re jet the carb and have the head machined down to increase compression

hope this helps
Old 09-02-2006, 09:28 PM

just one more idea it might be costly but it would definately be worth it you could use a billet connecting rod,a better cam or a 'hotter' ignition system aain this would be costly but would lay the path for a high performance race type engine.
Closed Thread