Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:55 PM

Default need help with side pod brackets?

Hello,I bought a used tony kart rolling chassis and came with the front and side plastics,There is no side bars on the side of the kart to mount them and wondering if anyone could identify them so I could purchase the propper side bars without having to rig them up,As stated before I was told my kart is a tony kart and its from the early 90's I believe,the side plastics have a logo thats a circle with a K (they dont sell them at circle K eather =[ )and anothe circle with a half moon looking logo next to it,also has the letters and numbers stamped into it that read ,... CIK/FIA 34/CA/08 also says FIA karting CIK/FIA nomologation ,Let me know if anyone knows what bracket/side bars I need to purchase to mount these propperly,Thank you.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:08 AM

The parts your looking for are called Nerf Bars.

Your plastic side pods are made to fit nerf bars that modern racekarts have, like this pic:

It looks like your kart was made before racekarts started using plastic side pods. I think your kart originally just had short nerf bars without side pods, kinda like this pic:

You could have someone custom build some nerf bars to fit your kart/side pods, or just weld some new mounts to your frame to fit modern style nerf bars like these:

Or you could try emailing pics of your kart here:--> http://www.tonykartwest.com/ and ask if they have any nerf bars to fit your kart and pods.