Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Engines & Clutches

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 10:17 PM

Default Clutch replacement

My clutch was starting to slip on my Single Seat kart. I had purchased a new clutch a few months ago and when going to put it on, i noticed it doesn't have set screws. When I installed it with the washer & bolt, it would still slide in toward the engine. I looked at the clutch on my 2 seater kart and it has a bushing on the shaft. I removed it and placed it on my SS kart it works to keep the clutch in line with the wheel sprocket. What is it call and where can I get another bushing or spacer?
Old 10-10-2019, 01:43 AM

Thanked 3,462 Times in 2,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwoody View Post
My clutch was starting to slip on my Single Seat kart. I had purchased a new clutch a few months ago and when going to put it on, i noticed it doesn't have set screws. When I installed it with the washer & bolt, it would still slide in toward the engine. I looked at the clutch on my 2 seater kart and it has a bushing on the shaft. I removed it and placed it on my SS kart it works to keep the clutch in line with the wheel sprocket. What is it call and where can I get another bushing or spacer?
You cannot really buy them. There are none that are made for karts, because shaft length and clutches vary. You will find that the one that you have was made specially for that engine/clutch/sprocket configuration. Because there are so many variables with lining everything up, spacers are not commercially made. You just have to make something yourself or use a stack of washers or something
The Following User Says Thank You to landuse For This Useful Post:
Dwoody (10-10-2019)