Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Electric Projects

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 06:28 PM

Default Modified Mobility Scooter

Hi guys.
So came into possession of a broken mobility scooter, as fixing it is no benefit to me i decided to make a winter project of converting it into a toy.

I've removed controller, motor, differential etc and purchased some pillow blocks and a 20mm steel pipe to act as my axle.
I have threaded rod going through the centre axle to add a bit of strength and with the use of washers & and angle grinder i can fit the original wheels on fixed to the axle with the original key.
I plan to use the old controller mounting to install a MY1020 1000W motor. (under 60 including controller and accessories.) Unless anyone thinks i should go all out and buy one of them 1800W motors.

I'm struggling with ideas for the drive sprocket..
As my axle is 20mm, and the sprocket on the motor is T8F. There isnt really anything out of the shop that has these specifications. and T8F sprockets seem to be very high teethed.

What sort of teeth should i be looking for to get a reasonable 15+mph the motor sprocket is a 11t T8F. I assume i'll need good torque as i intend to take this on grass/off road. However i only have so much clearence because i wish to keep the original wheels. which are 7inch from top of tyre to floor.

Thanks,
will share some pictures once i figure out the final niggles and start putting it back together
Old 01-22-2019, 09:37 PM

Check out bmikarts.com for axle sprockets and hubs etc. Don't forget brakes too. I would go with #35 chain. Functional Artist on here sells a #35 sprocket that will fit your my1020 motor.
Closed Thread