Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > For Sale or Trade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Kart Aficionado

Default Local Engines, Houston Texas

We've got over 40 5HP Briggs and Stratton engines in the side building all with carbs, side covers, air cleaners, etc. These look like engines that might run, if anyone wants to come by the shop I'll sell them all day long for 75 dollars each. I might be willing to ship if anyone PM's me nicely (continental US only, but I doubt we'd like to do anything not local on anything this big, we like shipping small parts but big things like this are a pain to pack and ship)

I believe we have over 100 engines not in use just sitting there Tecumseh, Briggs and Stratton and Honda.

I think Tecumseh and Briggs engines would be worth 75, Honda 125 (we have far less Honda since these were not as popular on karts)

Pm me if you are interested.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:24 PM

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,693 Posts

Jeez. This never happens near me!
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Old 05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Powered by LAWN-BOY

Quote:
Jeez. This never happens near me!
I was in the same boat until I put some feelers out. Most of it was free or dirt cheap.
Garage is filled with stuff I'll never use, let alone get to.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Kart Aficionado

Seriously, its doubtful we'll ever use them all as they keep piling up on us. They're sorted decently on a 3 tier shelf. Seriously, anyone live near that does want to buy an engine at that price? Obviously they're not running right now, but I'm sure nearly all of them have rust free tanks and good compression.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Kart Aficionado

Oscar, if you do end up needing anything you're always welcome to come by the shop if you havn't been by us before.

Check these people here. They're in Katy, its a track, I have no idea if you can take your kart there but I'd bet you could for some money on an off day.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Kart Aficionado

That was my only idea dude, have you considered contacting the management of one of our many business areas? Houston has an amazing amount of enormous business parks in the industrial sector in Pasadena and South Houston. I'm sure one of them would be willing to let you tear it up with a few of your friends on a weekend if you were their friend.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Kart Aficionado

The shop is near Hobby, I live fairly close to you but am a recluse! J/K. I've got map quest and whatnot on the site, but we're 1/2block from I-45 S towards Hobby exit 36, corner of Airport and Mosley. I think we're the only shop in Houston for karts that does what we do (not racing) that is in a business complex and not some dude working out of his house. Coyt was working in his house, Go-Kart city is a guy named Ben who works out of his house, there is a guy named Mike that works out of his house.

Its hard being legit. :p
Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Official DIYGK Chem Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscaryu1 View Post
I've contacted them before. I love my GoPed gas scooters (30.5cc gets you moving at 40MPH, )...

...and yet they claim that I "wouldn't even keep up with stock 6.5 karts". Course I was rather provoked at that statement... so I asked if I could bring my yard kart.

And even by myself, I "essentially have no safety features".

Well... rejection! They only way in is a $400-$500 roller, $200-$300 worth of safety gear, $100 to $1000 worth of motor, and around $200+ worth of tires every few races.

:dunno:
You could always start your own homebuilt racing 'club' and race in an empty business park on weekends. Mabe have like a $5 entry fee so you can buy cones and fliers and stuff. Id do that, but theres no karters around here and everyone would complain about noise.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 PM
the names 'mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscaryu1 View Post
You guys know any local tracks where I can take a yard kart and zoom around in?
go mower racing! much more fun much faster and cheeper! and no buying thousands of dollars of premade bolt on crap.. home build for the win!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Kart Aficionado

Don't warp my thread! Buy an engine or get out!