Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > For Sale or Trade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,954 Times in 2,300 Posts

This does remind me of a time I was in a bar.....and I can't remember the exact cause of the dispute....except it had to do with making money either off foosball or pool......

And the guy tried to play a sympathy card...."You don't understand....I'm a pecan farmer...and I only get money a few months a year."

I told him: "Well then....be a man like the rest of us....and get a job....instead of sitting around waiting for your nuts to drop...."
Old 11-22-2014, 09:39 AM

Thanks for your little story and I didnt know a man of your stature has to go to a bar good for u
Old 11-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Banned

Thanked 2,954 Times in 2,300 Posts

I don't go to bars anymore....this was in my youth...when all my friends would go....and I spent the whole evening playing foosball for free....(or very nearly...as people would have to challenge the table and pay for the privilege...and I seldom lost a game).....

Then occasionally I would shoot pool with professional hustlers for the pure challenge....it cost me small change for the lessons,..and unless they were very very good....lost about a third of the games....

Pretty much the first guy to miss....never got another chance in that game...

I'm all grown up now.....
Old 11-22-2014, 05:19 PM

Dad used to play darts for money lol .
How did this get so off topic lol .
Old 11-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Just kartin' around....

Thanked 1,385 Times in 1,097 Posts

Going into the service could do you some good.... Make something out of you....
Wait....! WHAT? ! ? More dangerous than a firefighters job? Uh we get shot at too! Ever been in a house that is at a cozy 900*+ cuz its on FIRE? You ever dive into ice cold water to rescue an unconscious driver of the vehicle that just drove into the bayou? Ever stand next to a propane storage tank, while it's on fire? Look at that pic, top left of this post..... There is a storage tank behind that flame, engulfed in it..... Google BLEVE.......
Ok..... LoL,.... I'm done....
Join the coast guard. Merchant account marines make a good living, work only 6+ months of the year, when they want.... And have enough bread to live on the rest of the year. A guy in my church is one, has been for over 30 years....
Dude! Go to a technical school! Like UTI.... Universal Technical Institute
Words of wisdom...... If you have never heard this, any of you, you should write this down........
Can't never could!
Never set your self up for failure, when you get up in the morning. When you get up, you say,.... Today IS going to be a good day. I CAN accomplish my goals for the day. I CAN/WILL overcome the obstacles that get in my way......
Old 11-23-2014, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjim View Post
Going into the service could do you some good.... Make something out of you....
Wait....! WHAT? ! ? More dangerous than a firefighters job? Uh we get shot at too! Ever been in a house that is at a cozy 900*+ cuz its on FIRE? You ever dive into ice cold water to rescue an unconscious driver of the vehicle that just drove into the bayou? Ever stand next to a propane storage tank, while it's on fire? Look at that pic, top left of this post..... There is a storage tank behind that flame, engulfed in it..... Google BLEVE.......
Ok..... LoL,.... I'm done....
Join the coast guard. Merchant account marines make a good living, work only 6+ months of the year, when they want.... And have enough bread to live on the rest of the year. A guy in my church is one, has been for over 30 years....
Dude! Go to a technical school! Like UTI.... Universal Technical Instuitute
Words of wisdom...... If you have never heard this, any of you, you should write this down........
Can't never could!
Never set your self up for failure, when you get up in the morning. When you get up, you say,.... Today IS going to be a good day. I CAN accomplish my goals for the day. I CAN/WILL overcome the obstacles that get in my way......
Jim firefighters have equipment to tell you whats safe and u also have good old enginuity lol in the military u do what ur told you are lead into battle and if u are shot basically thats what your trained for firefighters dont risk it if its unsafe for them and there crew they will not go in speaking aboutthis brings bad memorys about the fire in az awhile ago the devastation that a cured is tragic
we went from me posting about my malibu and explaining why im selling it to talking about school jobs ect lol oh well at least wecr all being nice
I must say thank you ll for the info I will look into it when I get back from my dads and I must apologize for my cruddy writing im using a tablet for the first time at 2 am night all
Old 11-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Just kartin' around....

Thanked 1,385 Times in 1,097 Posts

The public is highly misinformed about a firemans job...... Not picking on you Cameron, but you are way off on the facts on this one.....
HFD lost 4 firefighters in one day, back in May of 2013.
http://abc13.com/news/cause-of-deadl...-known/290137/
As a firefighter, you never know when you answer the tone, if it's your last one or not. You don't know if you are coming back. We pray to our patron saint, St.Florian, to protect us. And if we perish, that St.Florian protects our families in our absence. It's not an easy job, by any means. I highly suggest you drop by a fire station and say "thanks"..... Fireman (and cops) hardly ever hear that.... And if you have volunteer Fire departments, then you should REALLY stop by and say thanks. It's those guys, that put their lives on hold, to put their life on the line, to save your butt when you need it most. We do it for free.... That, in and of itself, makes them special......
The pic below is the firemans prayer. I used to recite it, at the beginning of every shift.
Attached Thumbnails
firemans-prayer.jpg  
Old 11-23-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjim View Post
The public is highly misinformed about a firemans job...... Not picking on you Cameron, but you are way off on the facts on this one.....
HFD lost 4 firefighters in one day, back in May of 2013.
http://abc13.com/news/cause-of-deadl...-known/290137/
As a firefighter, you never know when you answer the tone, if it's your last one or not. You don't know if you are coming back. We pray to our patron saint, St.Florian, to protect us. And if we perish, that St.Florian protects our families in our absence. It's not an easy job, by any means. I highly suggest you drop by a fire station and say "thanks"..... Fireman (and cops) hardly ever hear that.... And if you have volunteer Fire departments, then you should REALLY stop by and say thanks. It's those guys, that put their lives on hold, to put their life on the line, to save your butt when you need it most. We do it for free.... That, in and of itself, makes them special......
The pic below is the firemans prayer. I used to recite it, at the beginning of every shift.
Im not saying its easy there all not the most pleasant job in the world but it has to be done by someone and its better me and u then the next guy I have wanted to volunteer for the la county fire dep but im not old enough
Old 11-29-2014, 09:56 PM
KART ART

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdFanatic View Post
i tried the army i went into pt with my Sargent at the time we trained for 6 months to get me ready .I was going to go for a 11B infantry man but they told me i would have to go to college first .There was leah she did not want me to go into the army because of the risk of not coming back . So i have come to the conclusion im either going to be a cop a fireman or Us coast guard its a lot less dangerous then the job i wanted to do in the army and there will always be a need for it .
You have been seriously misinformed.
First you don't have to go to college for any mos (job) in the army if u plan to be enlisted......and you **** sure don't need a degree to be an 11b infantryman.

I also don't buy with six months of work you were in capable of passing the minimum army pt requirements.......I've seen severely out of shape guys pass the pt test......not to mention the standards to sign up are easier then what you need to do when in as you will get in better shape in basic.

And.....

There a ton of technical jobs in the army. I was active duty army for 8 years as a 91d power generation technician.....got out in 2012.....walked into a job doing the same thing for a fortune 500 corporation.

If your struggling to find a job join the military.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to outcrydrummer For This Useful Post:
2SlickNick (11-29-2014), n3480h (11-29-2014), protegenoob17 (11-30-2014)
Closed Thread