Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Mini Bikes, Trikes, and Choppers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 10:56 PM

Default miss understood?

hi guy's, i thought it was strange to only get one response about the minibike from a bicycle plan. im talking about the plan here on this D.I.Y. site!!!! constuction has started and the basic frame is done,less fork mod's. instead of the little clinton 2 1\2 horse engine in the plan min will have a mc92 McCulloch kart engine. has anyone else out there built one? happy newyear--phil
Old 01-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,027 Times in 428 Posts

I don't know if anyone has built that one yet. I added it not too long ago, after I built the chopper. I'm more than willing to help out with some consulting if you do run into any weird problems. Heck, that's the nature of building these home-brewed projects -- there's always something that gets "tricky" it seems like.

best of luck, post pics of the build!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:23 PM

thanks for making the plans available for everyone! they are about the only free ones i have found. i have to work on taking pictures though.--phil
Old 01-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,027 Times in 428 Posts

yes please take lots of pics, as I can't get any new ones until I start a new project! I'm leaning toward a barstool racer this time.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:13 PM

Default barstool

i think a barstool plan would be great. and for your project keep it comming. anyone know where i can get a cheap welder. take lots of pics.

walter
Old 01-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Not useing the obviously superior clinton motor could cause troubles
Old 01-05-2007, 04:43 PM

i have a E-65 clinton kart engine restored and blueprinted, and its realy cool, but, if you think a clinton is superior to the McCulloch then you need to lay off the sause!
The Following User Says Thank You to philip metzner For This Useful Post:
Tony (02-16-2009)
Old 01-05-2007, 05:13 PM

A mac is a waste of time no pull start And yellow is an ugly color. On the mechanical aspect you'll a minibike with a 93 mac you'll shoot your eye out
Old 01-05-2007, 08:43 PM

its not a mc93, its a mc92, yellow is beautiful, and i have several mac pull starters. i have noticed there are alot of people on this site that are working hard on there projects and developing fabrication skills. my current projects are a fully restored 1968 dart kart with dualmc91 McCulloch's, and my new minibike project with the mc92, along with maintaning 13 restored mac kart engines and several brigg's, oh yeah, a e65 clinton. i have 35+ years small engine exp. plus 21 years as a profesional engine rebuilder & machenist. i raced karts for 12 or so years and have several points championships. i am very interested in hearing about others here on the forum! esp. clintonrules, what are you doing.--phil
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 PM

Well I just took a good look at the plans and I have to say it's quite interesting. The only problem area I see is there are no gusets from the rear axel up to the original seat posts when it's finished. This might not be a problem for street use but a decent ditch might cause a problem. I suggest taking a gusset up from the rear axel towards the old seat post and making a bar the extends laterally from the post to connect to the gussets. This might not be possible after actually eyeballing the plan due to engine room or chain path but something is going to have to sure up the rear. Unless you plan on sitting all the way on the back of the seat.
Closed Thread