Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Good Deals!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 07:40 PM
2018 Build-Off Contestant

Default Is this a good price?

Found this about 1 1/2-2 hours from me for $100.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:48 PM

It's not a horrible price...
Old 04-26-2018, 08:45 PM

Default Is this a good price?

Itd be for my little brothers. Unfortunately my parents dont want to get it until I finish fixing some other things because theyre tired of seeing them lie around.

If I do somehow end up finishing the projects and its still available, maybe Ill enter it into the build off

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

If I bought it and put an engine on it, how much do you think I could get out of it if I sold it?
Old 04-27-2018, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaterofAincrad View Post
It’d be for my little brothers. Unfortunately my parents don’t want to get it until I finish fixing some other things because they’re tired of seeing them lie around.

If I do somehow end up finishing the projects and it’s still available, maybe I’ll enter it into the build off…

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

If I bought it and put an engine on it, how much do you think I could get out of it if I sold it?
You'd probably at least break even on it, as long as you clean it up real nice. Flipping karts is a tough business, and not really profitable if you are purchasing every little part, and especially once you factor in the time.

You'll probably end up putting another $200 into it, between the engine, clutch, throttle linkage, possibly some repairs on the brakes, etc.

If you could get the frame for $75, find a used engine for less than $100, and be patient, you could probably turn a small profit when you sell it.

I could see it being listed for $300-350 in real nice working condition. At least in my area. Local market plays a huge factor too.

Karts are sort of one of those things you do for the enjoyment of building and riding, not so much to turn a profit. If they were really profitable, all the go kart manufacturers would still be in business, but they've all gone belly up, and really the only new stuff you can get are Chinese import models.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:14 AM

Yeah, I was thinking Id put my Tecumseh engine on it and buy either my neighbors predator or a new one. And then since Im already taking the brakes off mine Id try(somehow tapered from previous owner) to put those on it.

It was just a thought that crossed my mind.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:00 AM
Winchmaster 5000

well said anickode