Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Old 03-20-2019, 04:50 PM

Default BKS GoKarts Made by T&D Metals

Does anyone have any information on BKS Gokarts made by T&D Metals in watseka illinois? I myself have two models, the Klipper, and the Kricket. would like any info at all and maybe some pics of yours.. just interested in any history.. anything on em~!~
Attached Thumbnails
aa.jpg   mricket1.jpg  

1klipper.jpg   GEDC0310.jpg  

Old 03-20-2019, 07:52 PM

I don't have any real history for you but I bought one from a kid in Troy Alabama several months back. The thing was in really bad shape and missing lots of parts. It was a 2 seater yard kart version not unlike the red one you have pictured. Mine has a predator 212 on it and I added a disc brake. It has the original tiny pedals which suck and the control rods were either gone or mangled so I just installed cables. I intend on painting it a different color at some point. Here is a pic. I had to fabricate my own seat cushions...i'm not a pro at any of this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	clipper1a.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	735.7 KB
ID:	105952

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190311_193751248.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	630.6 KB
ID:	105953
Old 03-20-2019, 08:00 PM

Oh, as a point of interest...if you want...I would be interested to know...and I will go out tomorrow after I get home from work and measure mine.

If there are any major frame differences in the 2 seaters and the singles. Or just seat design and setup location.

Well I know the width across the seatback is 21 inches and I the the seat bottom is roughly the same so I am thinking across the front is not going to be a whole lot smaller even though the frame tapers. We need to come up with a good reference point. I think the rear axle on mine is like 39-40 inches wide...something like that. So assuming the front tires are close to the same track we can assume the spindle width...just something to ponder I guess...
Old 03-21-2019, 10:36 AM
Currently flathead-crazed

Nice Briggs on the yellow one!
I'm addicted to Briggs and Stratton...
Old 03-28-2019, 11:10 AM

wow!! didnt know they made the Klipper in a 2 seater,here's the klipper, and kricket, in the shape i got them, i just threw the klipper together quick for winter to ride, the smaller (kricket) i totally redone for my 8 yr old nephew, also i got a pic of the tag location, on the back of the engine mount of the klipper, and a satelite view of T&D metals..The place is huge.. im guessing some guys back yrs ago when they wasnt this big had started this as sorta a side deal wen the company opened,i have tried to contact them thru FB.. no avail yet, i live in IL and watseka is a medium trip for me up north, which i plan to do after investigating resturaunts (easy way to get the girl up for a road trip besides shopping)..i was just curious as to what folks have, and if they have any.. history of things sometimes intrigues me, my klipper, i might end up keeping for myself, i slapped on an adjustable seat i had, which i dont care for, if i do redo it, it'll get one more to my liking.. i think the rearend is a bad design, the way the bearings are, and the fact its too short and larger tires will hit the top bar, plus the thing feels like it'll flip easy with short rear whl base, i think i'll pop that off, and put on another caretr bro frame i got.. and sell it, and use a peerless slip differential axle i have where i can use larger tires, and then upgrade the engine, probably something OHV, mild built.. i built both 5hp's on em now.. but nothing crazy, for me being a grown man, i'll most likely put something on it with some more power. Thank guys for the input!! and great t o see some good old school karts still spinnin the tires~!~
Attached Thumbnails
1klipper.jpg   mricket1.jpg  

klipper1.jpg   td.jpg