Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > All Other Parts

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2019, 08:21 PM
horror_fan horror_fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Where to buy rc100 brake pads ??

Im almost 100% sure I have a yamaha rc100 frame.

I need to find brake pads for my go kart but its an old school go kart so Im not sure where to buy them...


heres some pictures of my brake calipers and they look exactly like a picture of an rc100 brake caliper found on google.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/TwsAAOSw05Jbe18N/$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0719.jpg   IMG_0718.jpg  

Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-27-2019, 06:39 AM
itsid's Avatar
itsid itsid is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ruhrpott [Germany]
Posts: 9,695
Thanks: 1,321
Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,070 Posts
Default

If I'm seeing this correctly, those pads have a lot of life still in them!
(looks like a solid 6mm of compound left)

What's more likely (assuming you lack stopping power)
is either a seized caliper piston or a misaligned pad (that's what the bolts are for)

Anywhoo.. the kart manufacturer might not tell you anything about the brake caliper manufacturer..
especially not if the kart is as old as yours.

What you need to do to find matching brake pads is take them out and take a picture of their back side.
measure all there is to measure
bolt hole distance, tabs position and size
cut grooves if there are any and of course height and width of the backplate

And: measure in metric mms not inches since it's a japanese kart.. chances are it's all metric

That way you can easily find similar pads online

Ideally the caliper has a manufacturer and/or type marking cast or stamped in
(they usually do) that way you can trace down the pads way faster most of the time
(googling: "kart brake pad <marking you found>")
and then verify with the measurements you got.

But as I said: They don't need to be replaced if you ask me..
maybe give them a lick with sandpaper in case they're glazed,
and make sure the caliper is in good working order (a good time to check and clean the master brake cylinder as well)

'sid
__________________
Jokes about german sausage are the wurst.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2019, 09:51 AM
anderkart's Avatar
anderkart anderkart is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surprise Arizona USA
Posts: 6,093
Thanks: 493
Thanked 1,155 Times in 957 Posts
Default

I found those pads listed for sale at this site: https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-rc100s-.../#.XE3hf1xKhPZ
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anderkart For This Useful Post:
itsid (01-28-2019)
  #4  
Old 01-27-2019, 05:42 PM
horror_fan horror_fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsid View Post
If I'm seeing this correctly, those pads have a lot of life still in them!
(looks like a solid 6mm of compound left)

What's more likely (assuming you lack stopping power)
is either a seized caliper piston or a misaligned pad (that's what the bolts are for)

Anywhoo.. the kart manufacturer might not tell you anything about the brake caliper manufacturer..
especially not if the kart is as old as yours.

What you need to do to find matching brake pads is take them out and take a picture of their back side.
measure all there is to measure
bolt hole distance, tabs position and size
cut grooves if there are any and of course height and width of the backplate

And: measure in metric mms not inches since it's a japanese kart.. chances are it's all metric

That way you can easily find similar pads online

Ideally the caliper has a manufacturer and/or type marking cast or stamped in
(they usually do) that way you can trace down the pads way faster most of the time
(googling: "kart brake pad <marking you found>")
and then verify with the measurements you got.

But as I said: They don't need to be replaced if you ask me..
maybe give them a lick with sandpaper in case they're glazed,
and make sure the caliper is in good working order (a good time to check and clean the master brake cylinder as well)

'sid

thanks, yeah ..thats an old picture ...
if you saw them now you woulndt say the same haha
one pad is cracked in half; it happened when i was taking them out... they're so dry!

anyways, trying to basically find identical ones was my original plan.
i just thought someone just know where to buy them ....

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderkart View Post
I found those pads listed for sale at this site: https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-rc100s-.../#.XE3hf1xKhPZ
woah hey! thanks man!

is this site a legitimate source?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-27-2019, 10:46 PM
landuse's Avatar
landuse landuse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Posts: 16,930
Thanks: 1,915
Thanked 3,310 Times in 2,692 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror_fan View Post

woah hey! thanks man!

is this site a legitimate source?
Anderkart would only give legit sources. I would trust it
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to landuse For This Useful Post:
Joe-405 (01-28-2019)
  #6  
Old 01-28-2019, 12:35 AM
horror_fan horror_fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by landuse View Post
Anderkart would only give legit sources. I would trust it
right on ...

only problem now is theyre like 50 euros + tax + shipping ... haha
so ill have to convince myself to pay that much.
not sure how much usd that is or how much kart pads cost usually,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 PM.