Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > All Other Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 07:41 PM

Default Mower Transaxle and Wheels Question

Hi guys,

I have these two ride-ons.

The rear transaxles are as shown in the pics, Model # 618-0077. The axles are 3/4inch.

I don't plan on using these in my karts, but are they worth anything to the mower racing guys?

Also, I may look at using the rear wheels from these mowers on my karts. The wheels appear to be an interference fit onto the axle, with a bolt in each end threaded into the axle. (sorry no pics from that angle)

If I use the wheels, any tips on making an axle to suit? I'm thinking 1 inch solid, stepped down to 3/4 at the ends, drilled and tapped to take the end-bolts, and then another bolt (eg 1/4in) through the wheel hub and axle, ie in place of a key-way etc.

Thanks for any help,
Mark.
Attached Thumbnails
20181127_175200.jpg   20181127_180655.jpg  

20181127_180700.jpg  
Old 12-15-2018, 04:08 PM

Whoa a bit late to the party on this one. Most race mowers I've looked at use more common 1" or 1 1/4" go kart racing axles and hubs. 3/4" is very light duty for lawn tractors. I don't recall any of them using transaxle, mostly just use something like a Peerless 700 gearbox. I would maybe just try to put it on Craigslist with the model of mower it came from, someone could probably use it as a replacement.