Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > All Other Parts

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-25-2018, 10:25 AM
XsamX1987 XsamX1987 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 10
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Brake band Drum Replacement how to measure?

Hello so I need to Replace my Brake but when I look on eBay I see different sizes what do I measure on my Tyre to know Which size I need ?
  #2  
Old 12-25-2018, 10:26 AM
mckutzy mckutzy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: bc, canada
Posts: 7,356
Thanks: 815
Thanked 1,755 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default

OD, width, bolt pattern along with the diameter of the center hole for what ever axle application...
__________________
10yr+ club..... My current ride- http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5461
  #3  
Old 01-05-2019, 10:53 PM
XsamX1987 XsamX1987 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 10
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckutzy View Post
OD, width, bolt pattern along with the diameter of the center hole for what ever axle application...
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I'm still having trouble trying to figure it out I will include a picture if that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
20190106_053914.jpg  
  #4  
Old 01-22-2019, 07:47 PM
mckutzy mckutzy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: bc, canada
Posts: 7,356
Thanks: 815
Thanked 1,755 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default

Ok.. why dont you start with, what is this for, a kart or bike?? Pics of that aswell perhaps..

With that being said... What is the outside diameter?....
__________________
10yr+ club..... My current ride- http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5461
  #5  
Old 01-24-2019, 06:19 PM
XsamX1987 XsamX1987 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 10
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckutzy View Post
Ok.. why dont you start with, what is this for, a kart or bike?? Pics of that aswell perhaps..

With that being said... What is the outside diameter?....
Thank you for getting back to me, its a bike and cant at the moment as its in parts as it needs a good clean

stupid as it sounds diameter of the tyre or the round thing thats in the middle ?
  #6  
Old 01-24-2019, 11:53 PM
landuse's Avatar
landuse landuse is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Posts: 17,305
Thanks: 2,095
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,803 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsamX1987 View Post
Thank you for getting back to me, its a bike and cant at the moment as its in parts as it needs a good clean

stupid as it sounds diameter of the tyre or the round thing thats in the middle ?
I think he means the brake hub in the middle of the wheel
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 AM.